My very first big girl tank

Jess

Very cute but how do they do in SW?

Well I don't know about Capone yet, but Miss Moo (haha get it?) is obsessed with the ocean, waves, etc. She goes all the way in and rides the waves back to shore! I'm not sure she means to, but that's what happens. :LOL:

Jess

Just an update with some pics. I added more LR also. As I was adding it I found my diamond goby in one of the back chambers, dead. :smack: Hey I have a question....my purple/peach Damsels like to burrow under the rocks just like the diamond goby....is that "normal"? I thought one was dead for a while but now it's back and I see them doing this all the time!

Before the new LR
1009091741.jpg

After
1010091429.jpg

1009091750.jpg

1009091803.jpg

1009091744b.jpg

1009091747.jpg

1009091753a.jpg

Jess

Not that any of my updates are thrilling per-say but here's my new fish (floating in the bag still), and I re-did the rocks yet again.....

0103001606b.jpg

Apparently I need to fix that picture above the tank..crooked?!
0102001252a.jpg

Annnnnd.................................there ya have it. I really need a new (real) camera. Poopy camera phone. Waaaaa

BLAKEJOHN

Good luck with the copperband. They can be hard to feed. I had one but it didnt fair well with my yellow tang so I ended up taking it back to the LFS and lost $25 on that one. But I knew the risks before hand.

Jess

Ya, both I and LFS owner made sure he ate before I bought him. And he surely did :girlthumb:

Also I have a ton of aiptasia in my 24, so I just might start putting one rock at a time in the 55 and let him have at it, if he'll even eat that now!

Jess

Broke down the 12g, added the two pieces of rocks to this tank :D I'm trying to cover up as much of the blue as possible. I thought I really liked the blue back when I got this tank, but honestly it just washes out the colors of everything else, IMO. Black from now on!!!

Before:
0112001822.jpg

After:
0112001932.jpg

Talk about slow going....lol

Jess

Horrible ones. This tank was a fluke and I haven't had the budget for new lights...until very recently! That's why it's mainly been set-up as FOWLR for now. Hang tight, it'll get there :)

what kind of lights do you have? it looks pretty dark towards the sides.

Ok ive been out of the reefing business for awhile now and im not sure if this tank has the filtration in the back of the tank or are you using some kinda hidden sump? Looking at rebuilding my 90 and looking for some ideas.