My very first big girl tank

Jess

Hey wow! Someone shows an interest, imagine that....

Well, yes there is an update although nothing exciting, I actually moved about a month ago (just weeks after my last post). Moving the tanks was sooo nerve wracking but they made it. The 55 still has nothing in it, for some reason I have like...reefer's block, or something, and I just haven't figured out what I want to make of the tank yet. There's a tiny CUC and a condy (moved from my 24) and that's it! Anyway, here are some pics I just took in honor of your post jfourn!

0725091321.jpg

downsized_0725091327.jpg

Jess

And for a goof, here's my 24. (the lights just came on so ya know...it's not "prime") hehe. Oh, and no , the trachy is not doing well :cry1:

I never started a thread on this tank, hadn't found RS yet :doh:

0725091336.jpg

Jess

Update! I got some nice rock from a Craiglister, as well as a Scopas tang, 2 Chromis and a Lawnmower Blenny. Battling hair algae pretty bad, working on it though. Replaced my lights, they were old and kept going out. Hopefully on my way to a beautiful 55...:girlthumb:

0804091732a.jpg

0809091438.jpg

Can you find me? hehe
0802090905.jpg

0811091155.jpg

Jess

My latest addition, Bert the sea hare. I'm sort of already in love with him, but hoping I will end up having to sell back to LFS when the hair algae is under control and there will be no need for him. Is that his little eyeball I'm seeing (black dot)?! Silly sea bunny.

0811091752.jpg

tbone71788

i just took my sea hare back he did a wonderful job in a little over a week he clear it up i have been battling it over a year and now i am hair algae free

Jess

That's awesome tbone! You must have done something else to get rid of the HA permanently though, no? .

Jess

Thanks bbehring! Hey, I love your avatar pic... I have a Boston also :bluenod:

Al, Bert felt way more dense than I imagined! I let my friends touch my Sea Bunny also, they liked it. :yup:

Why do you abbreviate it with SA? Sea Air? hahaha

Jess

Al, how'd I know you'd comment on those lips! HA! That Bert is very odd indeed!

Yes, I think I'm finally starting to like my rockwork. Now if I could only get my tank looking sparkling clean for more than 24 hours I'd be happy! The algae is definitely much more under control, I haven't cleaned the back off because Bert & Ernie are taking care of it really good. But now of course I have a diamond goby and my sand is waaaaaay too fine and so I have sandstorms every 5 minutes, which gets caught in the tiny scratches on the inside of the acrylic. Bahhhh!

Jess

Just thought I'd update with some pics of my fish... they are hard to snap! Especially with a camera phone. Also my algae issues are finally under control and the tank is lookin good ;)

0930091816.jpg

0930091823a.jpg

0930091822a.jpg

Jess

Ok and I can't resist... this is the newest member of my family. I call him Capone. I picked him up from the local shelter last week.

0929091802.jpg

That's Mini Moo on the right, she loves her new brother (when he's not humping her haha)
0926091357a01.jpg

Capone's shelter mugshots - poor fella
092109173901-1.jpg

Original Gangsta!
Capone-1.jpg