My new fish (pic heavy!)

seafansar

I'm so excited! I just got an achilles tang yesterday! And a copperbanded butterflyfish a few weeks ago.

Got the camera out today. Here's the tang. Just need to fatten him up!

IMG_1833.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1854.jpg

IMG_1857.jpg

seafansar

Great looking fish

Whats your butterfly feeding on?

Thanks! He's eating PE mysis out of the water column and frozen mixed food out of a mesh bag. And of course all my aiptasia! He doesn't seem to know foods other than mysis are food when they float around, but will eat anything if it's in the mesh/clip. He even nibbles on nori. I feel very lucky that I found a CBB that's eating. I've had a few others that died, cause they'd never start eating. I think size has something to do with it. The bigger ones +4" are easier to get eating.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Great pics and COOL additions! I'm really wanting a CBB bad but just can't make myself take the plunge!! :dunno:

seafansar

Great pics and COOL additions! I'm really wanting a CBB bad but just can't make myself take the plunge!! :dunno:

It was hard finding one that ate. The first one I got was really big and ate mysis just fine. I stupidly sold it, cause we were moving. I ordered some online, but they all were small and pretty skinny when I got them and died soon after. One of the vendors promised me their CBB's were eating, but it was clean when I got it that it wasn't. I was pretty mad, but at least I got a refund. Finally I was going to give up, but one of my LFS's told me they get theirs eating just fine. I wasn't sure if I believed her, but when they got them in they all ate! And I noticed that they were all big ones about 4". So that makes me think that bigger ones have a better chance of surviving in aquariums. Small ones just won't start eating.

I should add, I would not have bought a CBB if I didn't have an aiptasia problem. I was getting a little desperate.

Nowellsy SNR

Thanks for that i've just got a CBB and was a little worried about him feeding but after talking the the chap in my LFS he told me he was eating fine Mysis and Brine Shrimp, he's been in my tank a couple of days now and he's allready gone to town on my Aptasia and i have spotted him eating so things are looking good. And he's now come out of his shell he's swimming all around the tank great fish i'll still be keeping a close eye on him.

thanks for the info

seafansar

No problem. Try putting the food into one of these. I put zip ties on the sides to keep the food from floating out. I'll have to take a video of him eating.

p_928434_FS13453Z-IO.jpg

Rhodes19

Wow, nice pics and nice fish Sara. That is a beautiful tang and CBB. For a moment I thought the Dart as a yellow tang. I like your idea on the frozen food bag. Will the Achilles get along with other tangs?

seafansar

LOL. I know. Dart just won't change colors! He's huge, but still bright yellow. I don't know about the achilles. I'm not planning to put him in with another tang. But I've seen pictures of them with other tangs, so I'm sure it would be fine.