My New 90 Cubealicous

deaclauderdale

So should I forego sitting the rock on PVC pieces and just sit it the glass, build my scape and then add sand, or stick with the original plan?

jpsika08

Sump looks great! congrats :)

I would do the scape on the glass and then add the sand, many sand sifter fishes and invertebrates can get crushed if digging under a rock, so if those are placed on the glass, you can avoid this from happening.

Also, don't place them over PVC, at some point with the flow and sand movement will make it show up, just my 0.02 cents ;)

catran

Sweet sump! Hey, I didn't see that rack in the first photo's... did you put that in there? Where did you get it?

deaclauderdale

Sweet sump! Hey, I didn't see that rack in the first photo's... did you put that in there? Where did you get it?

It came with the sump, but I had already removed before I took the first pics. It's used to hold extra chemical type media. It's a piece of acrylic cut to fit, and drilled with multiple holes.

deaclauderdale

Skimmer should be here tomorrow, and the order for salt (Reef crystals) was placed with Fosters & Smiths along with two more tubes of epoxy. The rock is drying out after having been bleached. Pics to come tomorrow...

deaclauderdale

Allow me to answer crespeto request, so here are a few pics of what came today;

giftbox.jpg

Oh how I love for a package to greet me when I get home from work, what could possibly be inside???
nicelywrapped.jpg

This looks promising, I see a fuge light
skimmer.jpg

But wait there's more.....what could this be?? Looks like a futuristic lamp
skimmerparts.jpg

By George no it's my new (well used) skimmer yeaaaaaaa!!!!:yup::yup::yup::hug1:
skimmer2.jpg

Aint she a beauty?:bouncer:
sump.jpg

Things are looking really nice in there

So I'll be using my old RKE from the 190, and reusing the sand from both the tank and the fuge, along with the chemical media I received with the sump.

deaclauderdale

Still waiting on my shipment from Fosters & Smith, on a good note I finally have purchased a lighting system. I bought a Tek 36' 6 bulb T5 setup off of a fellow reefer on RC. The system comes with bulbs and as soon as it arrives I'll get some pics on this thread. Outside of salt the system is ready to be fired up! I need to go by HomeDepot and purchase a thin sheet os styrofoam to go under the tank and then I'll begin aquascaping (been real lazy here of late) in the next couple of days. I have a two pillar, one small island idea in mind, and I'll be working hard to implement something unique, functional, and that mimics a natural reef formation. I believe that that is all for now, talk to you all shortly.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
we are not getting much amusement here! congrats on the lights and hurry up and post some stuff before I fall asleep and start snoring and drooling a bit

deaclauderdale

Okay so still waiting on my shipment from Foster's and Smith, come to find out when I updated my shipping and payment info it didn't go through so my order was returned/delayed. The problem has since been addressed and I look forward to receiving my order later this week. I am happy to report that the boringnessness of my build shall end shortly as I'll be scaping tomorrow and finishing the install on my RKE (pics will be plenteous)...lol