My New 90 Cubealicous

deaclauderdale

Will do crespeto, and thanx for following along!

Sas, how much pressure can i put on the pane to hold it in place until the silicone sets? I'd hate to break the pane again. I was thinking of using some 10 pound weights placed over a few lengths of 2x4 to distribute the weight evenly???

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
you do not want to squeeze the silicon out from between the touching faces thats a big part of the strength, I run a bead on the edges and press the new one in place then hold it with masking tape, when its secure run the corner bead and smooth it with a wet finger (use a glass of water not spit, silicon tastes funny)

crespeto

sounds just about exactly like what I did. I've seen some people masking tape the glass edges like 1/4" away from the inside edges so after your done running the corner bead and smoothing it out, you can pull the tape and you have a really nice clean perfect strait line. Course this is a sump so probably doesn't matter, but figured I'd toss that in just for grins. :)

deaclauderdale

Update:

repair3.jpg

repair2.jpg

repair.jpg

and one with my 4yr old for size reference. I'm heading outside to remove the masking tape as we speak, or uh post...lol
The true test of course will be when I leak test!

deaclauderdale

I am delaying the rest of the leak test as I just realized that the table that the sump is sitting on is a bit concave, and will not allow for an even surface. However I am happy to report that there are no leaks observed thus far =0)

deaclauderdale

Help, equipment question,

An SC-150 cone skimmer by scaquariums.com

36 inch oddysea 250wt MH, 4 T5's/4Led

Or

36 inch outer orbit 150wt MH, 2 PC's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deaclauderdale

Sump is in place, and I'll pick up my skimmer sometime this week. Still trying to locate a good light fixture, and I finally fixed the leak in my RODI system so expect to see a full tank shortly.....and pics to come!

jpsika08

Congrats, that sump looks great!
Because of the height of the cube, I would get the 250Watt MH with 4 T5's.
Congrats with the RO/DI getting fixed and good luck filling the tank :)

deaclauderdale

Congrats, that sump looks great!
Because of the height of the cube, I would get the 250Watt MH with 4 T5's.
Congrats with the RO/DI getting fixed and good luck filling the tank :)

Thanx and the sump is really awesome. I'll post pics of it and try to explain the champers. After doing the repairs myself and having such great success, I'm going to redo the dual sumps on the 190 and design them exactly how I want them using some of the key features of this sump. Having been out of reefing for almost two years can really feel my sea legs returning...lol

deaclauderdale

As promised pics:

IMG_1585.jpg

beginning leak test (stopped and moved to lawn do to uneven table top)
IMG_1586.jpg

nice and full
IMG_1587.jpg

still no leaks (from right to left; skimmer section, drain (with media) enters in the second section, 3rd is for the fuge and a 5" DSP, 4th is the return section.
IMG_1588.jpg

top down shot
IMG_1600.jpg

sump nestled in the belly of the beast...lol