my large upgrade 215g

twoclowns

thanks the shot was after my halides went out so the actinics wash it out its a really cool purple with green center I'll have to get a better picture during the day.

twoclowns

Here is a quick update just took a few quick snaps with the small camera
DSC00705.JPG

DSC00704.JPG

DSC00703.JPG

DSC00702.JPG

DSC00700.JPG

DSC00697.JPG

DSC00696.JPG

Once I get more time Ill try to use the digital slr and get better more true color pictures.

twoclowns

back from the land of the dead jk, I bought a house and have been remodeling it. Cant believe i haven't been on in almost a year. I upgraded my lights to AI sol blues there are 5 upstairs on the 225 and 2 on the basement frag tank. heres an updated pic of the tank. I love these lights much nicer then my old halides and t5's.
iphone pics 049 (Copy).JPG

twoclowns

oh the AI sols are only set at 33%white 37% blue and 37% royal blue at midday max. They really pack a ton of light. I had dual 400w 14-20K haldies with 4 4ft t5s 3 actinics and 1 daylight. :flame: go bye mega electric bill!

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Tank looks great buddy. Welcome back!

........the mayor votes funlad for president!

twoclowns

thanks, I started in 99 and upgraded to the 225g in 2006. Bought all the AIs last summer but I also bought a house in july so never had the time to install them due to so many needed house repairs and remodels. Got them on a few weeks ago and boy do they look great. Got to make some time to clean up the tank some more and frag corals as everything has gotten huge, recently had a hammer colony 125-150 heads snap in half (due to weight) and drop onto my clam, clams doing fine now, just had to make room for all the blue branching hammer frags. Need to reach out to my store contacts and sell some to help bring down the operational cost of my system.

twoclowns

thanks I'll try to get over to my parents to snap some new photos and close ups. Its taken time to build up my collection of corals, been very patient lately haven't added a coral in about a year. I did lose all most all my acans and a few other corals due to kent reef carbon that I heard might have a high heavy metals issue, lost all those corals and bleached my tank in about 3 days when I added about 1.5-2 cups of rinsed carbon to my tank like I always do. Still not overly happy about that, but my corals that survived have since regained their former colors.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Tank looks great! A shame about the carbon..... With so many options, Kent couldn't have been happy about that mishap!

twoclowns

yupe, how do you go back and trust them again it cost my the lives of several corals which cost about 800-1000 bucks.

twoclowns

As promised a bunch of picture updates taken today.
front left
IMG_4160.JPG

front middle
IMG_4161.JPG

front right
IMG_4162.JPG

ok round two posting pics on newer format.

twoclowns

haha I got it that time guess reef sanctuary doesn't like picasa if you try to retrieve and store here. all set now here is a ton of eye candy enjoy.
All different forms and colors of frogspawn.
IMG_4178.JPG

large purple monti cap its about 14-16 inches wide
IMG_4192.JPG

side shot
IMG_4194.JPG

favia frag that a recently moved upstairs from qt tank
IMG_4211.JPG

Another favia but this one has pink centers just cant see cause its washed out on the pic.
IMG_4212.JPG

Favia
IMG_4213.JPG

Favia
IMG_4214.JPG

Moon brain
IMG_4164.JPG

close up of a polyp
IMG_4217.JPG

getting long will post more

twoclowns

Continued....
IMG_4220.JPG

Purple haze montipora
IMG_4223.JPG

ORA Blue hawkins ectinata its about 14-17 inches tall and about 14 inches wide a friend gave me a 2 inch frag when it was about 75 for a 3/4 piece I got tons of it :)
IMG_4173.JPG

close up of it
IMG_4224.JPG

Favities have had this one for several years and fragged it many times
IMG_4231.JPG

Green mouth purple rimmed lobo
IMG_4184.JPG

close up
IMG_4232.JPG

dragon soul favia
IMG_4249.JPG

close up
IMG_4248.JPG

green moon brain
IMG_4166.JPG

green duncans
IMG_4167.JPG

fire and ice favia
IMG_4168.JPG

Green ringed moon brain
IMG_4169.JPG

orange walling hammer in the front and blue walling hammer in the back
IMG_4176.JPG

A ton of blue branching hammers only about 1/2 the size it was since it broke and I moved the other half to the frag tank
IMG_4185.JPG

Pink/red lobo
IMG_4187.JPG

And my four line wrasse thats impossible to get to hold still this is the best pic yet.
IMG_4209.JPG

twoclowns

thanks as you can see the tank is very dirty right now I need to re engineer my scraper to get that coraline in the center front panel and harvest the caterpillar weed which I think I have got under control finally :)