My Frogspawn

Rhodes19

Hi All,

I thought I'd post a pic of my frog spawn. I have had it for about a year and it has grown a little but has not split/make a new head. I like it because of its translucent bright green color. Thought I'd just share. :) Sorry about the quality of the pictures, I'm still working on improving them.

This picture was from about 8 months ago.
frogspawn.jpg

This picture was from yesterday. Looks bigger. :D
frogspawn2.jpg

seafansar

Looks nice! But isn't that extremely slow growing for a frogspawn? I had one that went from 2 heads to the size of a volleyball in a year, plus I fragged it a few times.

BobBursek

DittoSeafansar,
I am thinking abour pulling some, started out with 1 head about 3 years ago now I have 3 groups with multi heads each.

Rhodes19

Thanks every one. Its one of my favorites. Sara, I thought so too. I noticed an increase i growth about a month ago. I have a Nova extreme with 2 T5s (one day, one actinic) over my 29 g and just recently added another T5 (day) with a cheapie IDR and thats when I noticed the frog spawn and candy cane start to become fuller. The lfs said the Nova would be fine for that size tank but since then I have come to learn that it was not enough light. I'm hoping I will see some more growth in the near future. :)

seafansar

That's probably why. I had mine under 150W MH's. I guess their growth increases with the amount of light they get.