my best friend the PISTOL SHRIMP

untilthen

yeah i noticed that... i actually fed my pistol some food right outta my hand right after... im really suprised at how they are at ease wit my finger in there... ah the wonders of the ocean :dunno:

untilthen

well i do have my hand in the tank alot near him because hes constantly moving my zoa frags around the damn tank and burying them... i think the reason that hes so comfortable around me though is the fact that i have had the goby for 2 years now just in nanos so he doesnt run when i come near the tank... if u notice the pistol will only freak and run away if the goby senses danger so if ur tryin to do this as well i would just assume that u get comfortable wit ur goby....

acemow

very cool. Does that pair tunnel very deep under your rock, also, how deep and what's the makeup of your SB, if you don't mind my asking? I'm thinkin of adding a pistol and blue spot shrimp goby but I'm really afraid they'll tunnel and knock my rock over. Thanks!

untilthen

the sandbed is crushed argonite and is about 4 inches deep... they usually dont get to deep under the rock and i havent had anything fall over... knock on wood.. but they drive me nuts cuz u cant place anything on the sandbed witout it getting buried so be carful...

make sure u research the pistol b 4 u buy as well... some can get mean as they get older and go rogue