My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

SeahorseBT

LOL, let me master the seahorses first Lynn. I doubt I will be able to raise them but I will give it a shot. I just got them because I enjoy the species. Here are some pics:
Tanks762.jpg

Tanks763.jpg

Tanks764.jpg

Tanks765.jpg

Basile

Ya since i don't have my horse tank anymore , i'm counting on you to show me new pics LOL. I miss my horses hope they are fine. I sold the tank to a couple who has 7 tanks. I can only deal with one at a time. But this one is all automated or will be soon.

molsen187

i just read through your whoel thread. your tank looks awesome gave me some good ideas for when i start my own tank. hopefully soon. again love your tank.

tnwillia

SeahorseBT.... Just checking, your 34 is a RSM 130 and your only using 1 of the 2 circulation pumps. Is the tank stock? Have you changed anything? Thanks!

reefjeff

i just read the whole thread, and i will have to raise my thumbs at ya, beautiful tank, love the horses, are the adults difficult to maintain ??
peace
jeffman

SeahorseBT

No problem Tom!

Thanks Jeff! Honestly the adults are not that hard. You just need the right environment and healthy seahorses. I actually love this tank because it is so low maintenance. All the macro keeps my nitrates/nitrites/phosphates at 0.

SeahorseBT

Well, the babies are doing well at 2 months old. Most of them are on mysis and I have about 7 left. They are all looking very strong.

I also got some new broodstock for this tank. Here are some pics of them in QT:
Tanks793.jpg

Tanks794.jpg

Tanks795.jpg

And, the ponies may be getting an upgrade to a 60 gallon cube! There was one guy in line ahead of me for it but he never called the seller back, so he has until 3:00. If the seller doesn't hear from him, the tank is mine! I should be able to pick it up tomorrow.

marine281

Hi Blake, awesome looking tank, I'm in he process of turning my 130D into a sea horse tank.

Was wondering what you use for filtration? Being a reef tank previously, I didn't use the ceramic rings etc, as I had plenty of live rock in there. But now i've taken the majority of it out so I can add lots of macro algae.

I know in the past that adding any media to the rear section caused the pumps to run out of water & blow bubbles.

Andrew