My 34 Gallon Seahorse and Macro Tank!

SeahorseBT

Thanks Matt. Yes he has. He is also courting like crazy. Did you want some of that nemastoma? There are some pics a couple pages back.

panmanmatt

If you can spare some, sure.

Glad to hear he is eating again. It isn't uncommon for them to stop feeding right before birth.

I am not sure which place exactly, but they will most likely be the hippos.
I will update my post with info ASAP, so I can get my set up hooked up correctly. What kind of pump do you have? GPH?

SeahorseBT

Hippos? And I have the red sea max and only run one pump. I am not sure what the gph is on that though...

Last edited:

SeahorseBT

Unless you can find CB Kuda (Which is rare) I would got with reidi. They are my favorite seahorses next to erectus. I chose S. Erectus mainly for the reason that their fry is easiest (But not easy) to raise.

panmanmatt

Stay away from any kuda you find in your LFS. They have been coming in of very poor quality lately. 90% of them aren't making it past the wholesalers alive.

There is currently nobody producing any CB kuda in the US and the ones imported are net pen raised.

SeahorseBT

The babies are one week old today. I lost about thirty or so, but those were the floaters. The remaining ones look very strong. I would estimate I have about 75-100 left. I'll try and get some birthday pics...They have grown a lot.

SeahorseBT

Here are the pics as promised:
Tanks533.jpg

Tanks535.jpg

Tanks536.jpg

Tanks537.jpg

Basile

Really nice tank, my friend, love your red grape, trying to get some for myself. Your hoses look very happy, the dish thing is a great ideal thanks for that one. Thanks for visiting mine. We have the same ideals about setting up we booth have gorgonias for them to grab on , cool.

Daytonben

How do you ship that red macro?

I know a lot of algae's disintegrate in bags of water when shipped. Not sure if you send that one in wet newspaper or bag it up and hope.

SeahorseBT

Really nice tank, my friend, love your red grape, trying to get some for myself. Your hoses look very happy, the dish thing is a great ideal thanks for that one. Thanks for visiting mine. We have the same ideals about setting up we booth have gorgonias for them to grab on , cool.
Thanks, I really love the look of your macro tank. I am sure your horses are happy there too. I want to get a few more species of macro and thin out the red grape. Training them to a feeding station is so worth it, it makes feeding so much easier.

How do you ship that red macro?

I know a lot of algae's disintegrate in bags of water when shipped. Not sure if you send that one in wet newspaper or bag it up and hope.
I am honestly not sure. I am going to try leaving one out bagged and one out wrapped in stryos and with heatpacks and see how they do after two days in there. I am just waiting for it to warm up over here. It was like 40* today....