Moving Charleston SC

angel01051977

Help!!! Anyone in Charleston SC or nearby? We're moving there in a few weeks. The reef tank did surprisingly well this last move, but I'm a bit nervous moving it 11 hours from Pensacola to Charleston. I lost my ENTIRE STOCK of african cichlids in the last move (8 foot tank of around $4,000 worth of freshwater fish). I'm totally surprised the reef tank did as well as it did. I lost my frogspawn and a candycane torch and the duncan doesn't look wonderful, but overall, not a bad move. HOWEVER, I can't seem to find a LFS saltwater store in Charleston. I need to know where to get my RO water. HELP PLEASE!!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Tideline Aquatics

I highly suggest investing in your own RO/DI system. LFS water is never a sure thing on quality.
Tideline is in North Charleston. Only LFS worth mentioning in the area.
Shoot me a PM when you make the move and maybe we can hook up. Where in Charleston are you moving to? Im on James Island.

angel01051977

AWESOME! We're moving to James Island or Mount Pleasant. Should be moving in the last few weeks of January. I was in SHOCK when I couldn't find any LFS for saltwater in the greater area. I found an awesome store in Charlotte, but driving 4 hours each month for new stock is a bit much.
We plan on getting an RO system this tax-season when we set up my 8-foot-acrylic, but for now, I need to buy from a reputable store premixed for the little 55-gallon.
When I move in, if you sell coral frags, I may hook up with you. I need new frogspawn and candycane torch as well as a few others. I'm certain with such a big move, I'll have a major cycle so it will be a few months before I can buy new stuff.

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have an RO/DI you can borrow to help setup when you get here. Chris (user name Rhodes) also lives here.He is also very quick to help a fellow reefer. Maybe we can get a meeting going. The local club is not very good and were always looking for new reefers to talk shop with.

jtw414

I just moved to Charleston in July and I'm going to start my first reef tank once I get taxes done. I also started my first saltwater tank in August and I'm hooked. I've done all my learning so far at Tideline and would love any and all advice for a guy with a tiny budget and huge dreams. Can't wait to get started with the reef tank and hoping to get to know some of you.

tnwillia

JTW, welcome to RS!

I'm in Columbia but my office is in Moncks Corner. You've got some great folks in your area with Chris & Frankie. I've never been to Tideline but I need to check it out, Good luck!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Wow, Charleston's taking over! Soon we'll give NC a run for there money! :)
Welcome aboard JTW. :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Rhodes19

:welcomera to RS and Charleston!!! I live in West Ashley and work in Mt. Pleasant. If we keep getting folks moving in like this we will have to start a Southeastern branch of RS!!! LOL.

If you need help with the move, set ups, and getting to know the lfs and fellow reefers, let me and Frankie know. Oh, and dittos on the RO/DI. :)

Chris