Mojoreefs puddle

Montanareefer

Has been struck by the ban stick
Sheep? Poodles! Not adding up to a Reef tank!:D

Awesome tank Mike and be happy to see updated pics when your corals are back to full health and beauty.

Can't wait to get some of those frags from Mike's tank into my state of the art 60 gallon cube "high energy flow" tank. Thanks to Mike's putting most of it together and John(IAP) for building it!:)

Last edited:

Pro_builder

Mike, how much do you have invested in that tank????
did you rob a bank to get the money or are you just really rich :) ;)

Playa

Mike how are things coming?
Is it time yet to post new pictures? Please help us out with your experience, so we all can learn from it.

Luis

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Troy you would be surprised how little I have into this tank. As you age in this hobby you learn how to trade, haggle and blackmail, lol

Playa I just havent had a chance to repost some new shoots, I redid the aquascaping from the pics prior and things are just in grow mode right now. I will try to get some Pics soon.

Mike

Playa

Thanx Mike. Did you have to trim all or some of the colonies? what acroporas handled it best? Did it make a difference on the frags? although I know you have mostly colonies as I do:) Meaning were teh frags more resilient?

What would you do different? Mike sorry for all the questions and I know you are a busy guy:) But I also know that I look up to you as one fo the most experienced hobbiests in the world and just want to keep learning from you.

Luis

mojoreef

Just a reefer
Some of the colonie were encrusted so thos I left on the rock and placed the whole rock in the frag tank. the balnce I just broke the glue joint. The re scape went well and none really showed any ill effects.
One thing that was surprising was the fact that thier wasnt very much detritus trapped behind and under the rocks. I truely expected a bit of a mess, but was happy to see very little. I thinnk the kep is to really handle the corals as little as possible, qick ins and quick outs.

mike

TomV

What an UGLY tank! Jumpin' Jehosophat! What kind of an IDIOT would want an L-Shaped tank like that! Sheeeesh! Some people!!

Ahhhh... just kidding, Mike. It looks amazing! But, the backstage area looks like PVC HELL! :D It's a physical representation of the idea that you think too much! :D But hey, it works! And thats what matters. :D

Well, you don't need another post of fawning over your tank... but hey, lets have some full specs, ok?

And what exactly are those "sock filters" all about? Do you do your laundry back there, too??