Michael's 250 Since Oct 2012 ****************Caution, Heavy pictures loaded**********

ENZO

Re: Michael's 250 Since Oct 2012 ****************Caution, Heavy pictures loaded******

I have two blue plus two aqua blue one pink and one white I think.
There's no night light for my tank since its all t5s, maybe just the led moon light if u ask

Your corals glow like that from just the ati bulbs? My stock lights dont do any of that! can you take a full tank shot?

Re: Michael's 250 Since Oct 2012 ****************Caution, Heavy pictures loaded******

Your corals glow like that from just the ati bulbs? My stock lights dont do any of that! can you take a full tank shot?

Actually I can never tell the if they are growing or not cuz u watch it everyday. But if u go see one or two page back, there is full tank shots under ati bulbs. But I will tank full tank shots later

Here is an update for my new frag tank that has been running a little more a week, you will notice the pic shows purple pink color, cuz my iphone camera sucks that cant get the real pic. I vote Samgsung S4 better on the camera on this. Im currently using old water from the main tank to do water change. Do you guys think I should use New Salt Water to do WC and why(I have little bit cycle atm)?

ADA Cube Garden 9G/34L 45P 45x27x30cm/18x11x12" 5mm 10Gallon
Par 38 Bulb 20k 6blues 2whites 1 red 1 yellow 1 green 24watts + 24 inch gooseneck ps: this light was way stronger than 6 T5s, all zoa would not open under this or maybe caused by ammonia.However, my pink flower pot is bleached anyway just 2 days under this......
1 inch sand bed from Caribea sea, 5 pounds of live rock with half covered zoa
1 Aqua clear hangon filter with Chemi pure + purigen runnning in it, I dont know if the space is allowing the chemcial doing its job, but its some what just for now
1 Small power head keep the water flow

Live stock
ORA Black SnowFlake clown
null_zpsda3bc5db.jpg

When I first introduced live sand, water got cloudy for few hours
null_zps52ae2b8f.jpg

Some shots after I moved some frags into the frag tank
null_zps40cf4f10.jpg

null_zpsfffc74b8.jpg

null_zps6d0e773c.jpg

Now I have a problem now is that I got red slime algae on lots of the frags and egg crate now, is it something I should worried? I think the current now is at a good speed, do you guys think I need to add another one? The bad thing is I didnt know I need to let the tank cycled cuz I thought using old tank water would give the tank jump start, now I did have some ammonia and because of that I lost three frags of zoa out of 30 frags. Some ppl suggested to put all the frags put to the old tank, but I think thats a bad move since I got more important stuffs in my main tank, would not take the risk to ruin the whole tank! So I throw away those three, and a day after, all the zoa were open and returning to normal status.
null_zps2100627a.jpg

null_zps82383853.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Do some water changes with new saltwater to rid yourself of the ammonia.

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Tanks are looking great! Vancouver is one of my favorite cities in the world, btw.

Tanks are looking great! Vancouver is one of my favorite cities in the world, btw.

Thanks John. One of the best living I say. Just too boring living here, rather go to New York or Miami etc :)

I have added a large amount of live stock in my tank recently, mostly SPS colonies...
my new lovely Red planet, the color is so nice and polyp extention is good
null_zpsd10bb27a.jpg

some muti color one, I think it look like bonsai
null_zps8568bac7.jpg

my new lemonade millie with yellow body with pink polyps
null_zpsb4985452.jpg

some purple acro
null_zps790d212d.jpg

two little frags of sps, one look like a pearls berry except my friend said no
null_zps62526e81.jpg

two little additon of sps sitting in my frag tank under leds, the green acro is really neon color and pops the eye
null_zpscbcd5994.jpg

my green millie
null_zpsce6962e3.jpg

A blue acro with lots of polyps
null_zps9408962b.jpg

a big piece of Bloody Lava chalice that broken into pieces when I was trying to frag
null_zps707a83e3.jpg

was like this
null_zps249b7cda.jpg

Finally!! My lovely one, this is the most i like, but I dont know the name of, ppl plz help to ID this
null_zps7591f488.jpg

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Great additions! Lets see a FTS!

Wrangy

Acropora Nut
RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Awesome update and some grouse new corals in there! :D Can't wait to see some of those grown out, especially the milli!!
+2 to a FTS! :yup:

its almost been two months since I ever posted new pic. I had struggling with color color since I bought my last group of coral from my local friend. About half of them went all brown and pale, dont know if was the lighting or the water stressed them. Before I bought them, they were under leds and now transfered to my tank under t5s maybe the cause or the water was more ditty than his due to i feed my tank with oyster feast , plankton almost everyday which stressed my corals a lot. However, I tried my best to keep my water cleaner than before so some corals color are coming back but some remains brownish. I also had one green millie RTN or STN due to my para swing!!

Before I post new pic, just an updates of my water parameter
Nov/13--->buffing and water changed--->Nov/15
Ca 300 salifert-------------------------------->370
kh 9 API --------------------------------> 9.5
Mag 1200 Salifert
NO3 0.2ppm
phos <0.3ppm

Calcium
The reason my Ca was too low was mostly due to was using Api test kit, after I finshed my bottle of ca and switched to salifert realized it was super LOW! Confirmed salifert was right, I tested my NSW and Frag tank( not connected) they were at 400-420

KH
One of my friend has very good result of coral color and respond after raising the kh up to 11 from 9, So i wanted to try since my corals color arent to good, some are brown not colorful.

Mg
it was low cause I miss caculated my Ca buffer which contains Mg inside. But I have done water change and slowly raising my para up in order.

now pics
1.this purple plasma was very nice when i first got it
2months ago
null_zps8568bac7.jpg

1month ago, it turned brownish and color faded due to my water and light not great
null_zpsce8f318a.jpg

as today the color of polyps are more extended and brighter
null_zpsfa28ef40.jpg

2my most loved piece was 2months ago
null_zps7591f488.jpg

As today, no matter How I try with the water is still brown and pale, but I do see some polyps extentions which is a good thing?
null_zps063a9a17.jpg

3Ever since I had kh and Ca swing
STN or RTN of green millie
null_zpsd8721859.png

So i had to super glue the part today hope the dead part wont keep going.a) I didnt choose to frag is because the frag was so small, if i frag off which will be into small chunks. b) if its ever stopped and healed, hope it will recover the dead part easier than growing
null_zps56999fff.jpg

4my pipe organ half of it hasnt opened for 4 days now, until I did WC , seems a few are opening, hope it will recover sooner
null_zpsbe92cec6.jpg

5Can anyone identify this millie has a new growth or a bad sign on the white part of the body in the middle?
null_zps8ed52d45.png

Finally, thanks for reading all this and who ever can help me with suggestions. A side tank shot below.
null_zpsf7940fd7.jpg

sorry with different sized of pics, I tried best to color highlight and labeled with numbers for easier viewing and to discuss

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM

Can we see a FTS from the front?

Are you running a low nutrient system? If so check your potassium level

I am trying to run a low nutrient tank which would be more suitable for sps
But I have no idea at what point does a tank consider as ULNT? I did lots of research and no thread was pointing that out tho
I just checked my potassium lvl yesterday, it was at 420, normally better at 400. I also does Zeo K-balance which is potassium. Im also using AquaVetro Salt for WC, this name brand is part of Seachem, and very good for reef, stated that the most right on numbers. I really often test my NSW, but when i do, i get 420CA and 8DKH etc. So Im happy with the salt so far.

Are you running a low nutrient system? If so check your potassium level

I am trying to run a low nutrient tank which would be more suitable for sps
But I have no idea at what point does a tank consider as ULNT? I did lots of research and no thread was pointing that out tho
I just checked my potassium lvl yesterday, it was at 420, normally better at 400. I also does Zeo K-balance which is potassium. Im also using AquaVetro Salt for WC, this name brand is part of Seachem, and very good for reef, stated that the most right on numbers. I really often test my NSW, but when i do, i get 420CA and 8DKH etc. So Im happy with the salt so far.

I'd pick up pohls xtra to bring some colors out, if you're running a true ULNS which means you pretty much have nothing in your water get the xtra special one.

I'd pick up pohls xtra to bring some colors out, if you're running a true ULNS which means you pretty much have nothing in your water get the xtra special one.

WOW! I have just bought the Xtra yesterday and now on my second day using it. Hopefully, this will help me to get back the color. Have you used this product before? if so, how long did it take for you to start kick in?
Well, the last time I check my water No3 at 0.2ppm and phos less than 0.3 all by salifert. I dont have hanna checker so I dont know the exact number. Does this number sounds like ULNS to you?

IMG_5120_zps01a3792b.jpg

Here is my Full tank shot, some body is chasing my hard for it:alien:
AS you see, its pretty empty in the right middle of the tank, I meant to leave it as for now until I really find something thats really color ful and would pop your eyes out. until then, I dont know what to put, so just throw some random frags there