Meet the newest furry addition to the Storc house

lcstorc

Anybody who knows me in person (and lots of web folks) know that my house is called the zoo. Well a couple of months ago we had to put down my husband's cat. Generally I am the pet person and he just lets me get away with all the pets, but this cat was one he adopted and was very attached to.
His youngest daughter is in the color guard for her high school and they were in a parade this weekend. Well of course there were booths for just about everything including several with animals up for adoption.
Frank has walked past dozens of cats that were strays of up for adoption and never blinked even when I try to get him to take one. We get to this one booth and he walks straight to this gray and white cat and asked them to take him out. After a brief introduction and talking to the people there we found out he is a neutered male 2 years old whose owner died and the family didn't want to keep. The other cats at the adoption center would scare him away from the food so he is extremely skinny and you can feel every bone in his body.
Obviously this story ends with a new addition to the zoo so without further babble. Here is Andrew. (He was already named.)
newblueplus054.jpg

newblueplus057.jpg

lcstorc

I really need to get a better pic. I didn't even notice until he was home but the very tip of his tail is white.
He is suce a sweetie but the other 2 cats are not as thrilled. Andrew is being the perfect gentleman so I really think we just need a bit of time for everybody to chill.

lcstorc

The current list is
2 dogs
3 cats
2 birds (one is a macaw)
3 tanks with who knows how many fish
oh and 3 turtles.
Relatively short list ATM.
I want to get pygmy goats but haven't talked him into it yet.
we've had rabbits, sugar gliders, iguanas, and who knows what other stuff over the years

wazzifam

Very Cute Lynn, one day we should compare Zoos!!! I'm not talking coral!!
take care, kisses to kitty, Andrew.

lcstorc

Actually Nick we did that one year for our Holiday cards
At the time it was
4 kids
3 birds
2 cats
one rabbit
two dogs
I still have the pic on my fridge.

lcstorc

For RS?
That would be a challenge. They all have pics somewhere on RS. Most on and old pet thread.

CATALYST

Aw, buddy. He's cute. I want another cat but my husband has put a moratorium on the number of asses in the house.

vdituri

Cute cat Lynn.
His face has tons of personality.

You should post a pic of the group pic if you haven't already and I missed it.

Are those Frank's feet in the pic? lol

Gina

RS STAFF
Lynn,
He is a beautiful cat!
I'm very pleased that he has found a loving home especially after hearing his story. That's very sad. I actually worry about my own pets if something were to happen to me but at least I know as long as Mark's here, they will be fine.
I'm sure you'll get the weight back on him in no time.

lcstorc

He is such a sweetie. I just wish my other cats would realize it. It's kind of funny though. I put down three bowls of food and Andrew takes the one in the middle and the other cats on the outside. They all start to eat and after a few minutes the older cats hiss at him and walk away. He just keeps eating his share and then climbs back on the couch and looks at them like "Boy are you stupid"

nikkipigtails

He's so sweet! We had a rescue who was skin and bones and she was the most rewarding pet we've ever had. Looks like he'll make a great addition to your family.