mattie_75g

mattie

RS Sponsor
starting over is always hard but can be fun
75 g all glass with a back corner over flow and 20g sump below

lighting is a 65w pc for dawn and dusk with the main lighting 4 110watt vho actinics and 2 250xm 10k with 18' spider reflectors. and four 4' fans in canopy keep the temp at bay ( or so i hope)

the water movement is started with a mag 7 piped up thru a scwd to some directional utubes. a D.J. timer from a music store works a n adjustable wave timer which alternate the 6 maxijet 1200's from side to side which generate alot of flow.

main filter is a Euro-Reef c2-80 but it is outfitted with a sedra 5000 vs. 3500

calicum is controlled with a 5lb co2 bottle and a coral life 500 calicum reactor.

a Home made electric flot switch keep the water level perfect in the sump to compensate for the evap.

I used rocks for my old tank and some really old rocks i have been holding on to make the bottom open I don't know how much rock there is but i got a little creative with the glue and the smaller rocks on the back

here is the pic of after running 3 days

Attachments

• 75g.JPG
    75g.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 59

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hi Mattie! Did you decide not to move?

Have you ever considered replacing your powerheads with two korallias?

reefman420

wow this almost looks like my tank except mine is full of coral,lol.
i also am running two 250 wat xm 10k's with awsome growth,except im useing the 12 inch pfo reflectors,My 75 is packed with rock also,As woodstock said the korrilas do wonders,I have the 4,and the three,as well as two mj1200's on sureflow kits,needless to say i have a bunch of water movement

nice tank,now lets see it come to life

mattie

RS Sponsor
I am in torrance ca...
it was a tough move
I had to break down the tank dry all he rocks and toss out the sand
but in 26 more days i can get more corals sent out to me !!!! yippie!

mattie

RS Sponsor
from the side you can see it's not totally packed with rocks this pick was taken after setup so the water is still cloudy.

Attachments

• 75gside_.JPG
    75gside_.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 37

tbittner

Ahh, ok. That puts it into perspective. I understand your comment about glueing the rocks now.

mattie

RS Sponsor
no real update but i bought a 1/3 hp chiller today. just to prepare for the summer because my new home does not have a/c

tbittner

You're in Torrence, CA now? Your location still says Raleigh, NC.

If that common to not have AC in Torrence?