MarvinsReef 110g Clownfish/Anemone Tank

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
short video of the Vortech in the tank... it's dialed in to the lowest on short pulse mode... the pulses are turned on about 1/4... man, this thing can move some water... :)

They sure can! After you experience the pulse mode for a while, try the reef crest - it's a more erratic type of pulse, with the maximum & minimum flow pulses varying up & down. I started out on pulse a few days, then switched to reef crest and it may more natural.

Grasspicker

Marvin is that a Carpet in the Back? Sorry for the noob question. It just looks like one. If it is :clink: on keeping it away from the rest of the tank mates. I may have to reconsider putting one in mine.

Second statement is its just so unfair for someone to have a tank that nice. :poke:

MarvinsReef

Beautiful Marvin!!!
Thank you Doni... :)

They sure can! After you experience the pulse mode for a while, try the reef crest - it's a more erratic type of pulse, with the maximum & minimum flow pulses varying up & down. I started out on pulse a few days, then switched to reef crest and it may more natural.
yeah, I'm gonna go with the short pulse for 2-3 weeks and then try the reefcrest mode for another 2-3 weeks... I wanna see what mode my corals respond better with... you're right though reefcrest mode seems more natural... I might end up with that with an occasional transition to short pulse every other weekend or so... we'll see... :)

Marvin is that a Carpet in the Back? Sorry for the noob question. It just looks like one. If it is :clink: on keeping it away from the rest of the tank mates. I may have to reconsider putting one in mine.

Second statement is its just so unfair for someone to have a tank that nice. :poke:
Thanks... it's actually a Tyree Neon Toadstool.. :)

MarvinsReef

a little pic update... I want to document some new arrivals that I will be growing out this winter... :)

Yellow'ish ric
11-04-08_Ric2400.jpg

Peach ric
11-04-08_Ric1.jpg

awesome bright Orange Rainbow in the back w/ the Purple Hornets aka Yellow rings...
11-04-08_Aussie_2.jpg

just a cool shot... ;)
11-04-08_Aussie_3.jpg

lastly, one of my favorite Aussie lords morph... Bright Pink ring & Rainbow centers
11-04-08_Aussie_1.jpg

Thanks for looking...

MarvinsReef

here's a better shot of the awesome lords I got a week or two ago... :)

Brightest orange/red, with yellow'ish ring & yellow'ish Rainbow centers
11-12-08_Aussie1.jpg

MarvinsReef

some pics I took since I wanted to document some new arrivals...

Aussie 1
11-20-08_Aussie1.jpg

Aussie 2
11-20-08_Aussie2.jpg

Blasto.. haven't tried one in a while so I wanted to try them again...
11-20-08_Blasto.jpg

some rics... got these a few weeks ago...
11-20-08_Ric4.jpg

11-20-08_Ric1.jpg

11-20-08_Ric2.jpg

11-20-08_Ric3.jpg

lastly, growth shot of Original Mummy Eye

07-09-08
07-09-08_Mummy.jpg

11-20-08
11-20-08_OME.jpg

Grasspicker

He doesn't he either
A. Hires a pro
B. Cuts those shots out of a mag. ;)

Just joking marv. I really am liking your tank shots man. I would be interested in Camera too because I have a Cannon Eos and I have very nice lenses and cant seem to get shots like yours. Spread the love man. Tell us your tale.

MarvinsReef

Marvin what kin of camera do you have?

He doesn't he either
A. Hires a pro
B. Cuts those shots out of a mag. ;)

Just joking marv. I really am liking your tank shots man. I would be interested in Camera too because I have a Cannon Eos and I have very nice lenses and cant seem to get shots like yours. Spread the love man. Tell us your tale.
the camera I use is a PnS camera by Canon.. it's the Canon PoweShot SD800IS.. I take most of my pictures on Underwater setting w/ macro mode... I normally try to get the coral I'm trying to take a pic of as close as possible to the glass.... it's been much harder having the bowfront with the 28g JBJ... my pics aren't as crisp as before but they are still okay... next tank, I will stay away from bowfronts as I like to take a lot of pics and the bowfront is a party pooper when it comes to taking pics... anyway, hope this helps... :)

MarvinsReef

here's some actinic vids... I thought it'll catch the colors better but some of the corals didn't turn out as bright under the purple actinic PC's... LoLz.. someday, I'll have a T-5 set up that will totally show the awesome colors of these corals... :)

ciao!!! snack time w/ frozen cyclopeeze....

MarvinsReef

Marvin, How do you keep the sand bed so clean?
I'm not sure... I guess frequent water changes helps... as soon as I see something out of the ordinary in my tank, I remedy with 10%-15% water change, then follow it up with another 15%-20% water change a week later... if I'm not happy with the results, another 15%-20% water change after a week... and so on.. until the corals and fishes are happy again... :)

thats alot of fish in a 24g tank.. nice tank though
It's "heavy" but it's also 32g I believe... Looks GREAT!! :D
Thanks... :)

it's actually a 28g JBJ HQI... in the future, it'll only house the Picasso pair and Helfrich's... the Trio of HI Flame wrasse will go to a bigger tank and will be joined by 3 or 4 more females.... hopefully by summer 2009... in the meantime, I take care of the tank as stated above... ;)

MarvinsReef

poor attempts on top downs... but hey, you get the idea.. taking these shots for progression purposes... :)
12-14-08_1.jpg

12-14-08_2.jpg

12-14-08_3.jpg

12-14-08_4.jpg

and another attempt of taking fish pics... someday I'll get better! ;)
12-14-08_FPica.jpg

12-14-08_Helfrich.jpg

and this one is a general townhall meeting of the fishies... ;)
12-14-08_Fishies.jpg