Macna 2014

kyle4201

hey guys I know its early but,,, I got the tix, just got the flight and reserved a room,, then I saw this on the hotel site

MACNA 2014 Annual Convention
AUG 22, 2014 - SEP 5, 2014

Aug 22 - Sept 5th?? I thought it was only fri-sunday? Did I mess up and am not going to be there the whole time??

Last edited:

DaveK

I'd say the hotel got it wrong. The MACNA site schedule is here (offsite) - http://macnaconference.org/2014/schedule/
It shows dates from Friday, August 29 through Sunday, August 31.

I can see where you might want want to get in a day early and stay a day later to take in the whole thing, but other than that I don't think you need spend any more time there.

If you have never been to one of these shows, it's worth going to at least one. You do get to see many of the famous people in the hobby, and get a general idea where the hobby is headed. I will say that it shows a lot of dedication to spend the money on a flight and hotel room to attend.

kyle4201

We were at the last one in Miami,, just happened to get lucky since I just started the hobby and it was in my backyard that time. But we got the tix at the miami one, we reserved the hotell last month and I just bought the plane tix last week. Gonna be great!!

Last edited:

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
So far I have my ticket and my hotel reservation. I'm still waiting on booking my airfare/shuttle. So far, I can get a decent deal flying Delta, but I'm going to wait a little bit more for the next fare sale.

Choff

I'm all booked as well. We will have to catch up this year Kyle. I missed you at the last one.

...stupid auto correct

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Like Carrie, I'm waiting a bit closer to get my flight booked but everything else is done.

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
It's official: I'm going to MACNA! I've had my convention ticket and hotel reservation made since last August, but I never booked my flights. Well, now I have, and I got one heck of deal! $218 round-trip, nonstop flights from Detroit to Denver on Frontier Airlines. WOOT!

I'll be arriving in the mid afternoon on August 28th and I'll be staying through the morning of September 1st. If you're going, we'll need to exchange cell numbers and meet up for an RS photo shoot and fun!

seahorsedreams

The hotel is listed from the 22nd to the 5th because even though the conference is only the weekend, those flying in earlier and leaving later can get the room discount for their entire stay.