MACNA 2008.... in da books

mps9506

Great pictures everyone! Thanks for rubbing it in so well :( The wife has promised to make it up to me next year since i took a loss this year for her trip to Poland.
I love that shot of everyone around the table!

I think I'm gonna try to make the AC show now also. Only 130 a night at the Sheraton which is extremely reasonable for a weekend night in AC. When I was at the Global Pet Show I paid between 200 and 400 a night Thursday through Sunday at the show rate. Of course that was paid for by the company, but it was steep for sure. Glad this isn't that expensive.
NJRC has a lot to live up to after the MACNA XX. I was more than impressed.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
DITTO~~

Which controller is a "Must Have" now Mike? I know the owner of LightHouse but I think it's over-kill for my tanks. At least that was my initial assumption but then again I didn't look into it too deeply either.

I am REALLY hoping to go to AC but right now it's out of our hands if we get to go or not.

MACNA XXI should be a BLAST!!

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
One question... why is the mascot wearing a MACNA badge? LOL! Just picking on ya bro! That's for NOT letting us know you were there :)

You remind me of "Chopper" off of the show about custom cars... can't remember the show name but he was a rich car guru from Detroit *said with a VERY southern accent*

I wish the mascot had a Salty Supply logo pasted on him!

I should have posted I was coming, really only let our local club know since it was so last minute, I reserved my hotel on tuesday night! Had to stay over by georgia tech area near altantic station marriot...was not fun paying over $15 to park each day.

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
DITTO~~

Which controller is a "Must Have" now Mike? I know the owner of LightHouse but I think it's over-kill for my tanks. At least that was my initial assumption but then again I didn't look into it too deeply either.

I am REALLY hoping to go to AC but right now it's out of our hands if we get to go or not.

MACNA XXI should be a BLAST!!

I am testing a Biomatix controller right now and It is awsome and I haven't even hooked it up to the net yet...screen is huge and actually has graphical displays unlike most controllers, completely plug n' play

mps9506

DITTO~~

I like the fact Lighthouse controllers are based in Ashville so if anything goes wrong I can just send you to take care of it for me :D
I think I'm looking at the ACIII to tell the truth. I need to look at the sheets they gave me and the info I jotted down. Then save up a few bucks before buying. I had no intentions of using a controller on the next build before the show. This is going to be the most expensive 20 gallons of SW ever....
I'm staring at the list right now :invisible I might need to reconsider what I'm doing.

mps9506

I should have posted I was coming, really only let our local club know since it was so last minute, I reserved my hotel on tuesday night! Had to stay over by georgia tech area near altantic station marriot...was not fun paying over $15 to park each day.

$16 dollars a night to park at the hotel even if you stay there. I conveniently lost my ticket to the lot across the street. It was cheaper to pay the lost ticket fee than the three nights parking.

I am testing a Biomatix controller right now and It is awsome and I haven't even hooked it up to the net

Was this at the show. If so I totally overlooked it.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
That would be SWEET eh? :)

Well if it helps we paid $19 at the Westin. It was convenient as all get out but it was also "nickle & dime ya" to death :)

I am testing a Biomatix controller right now and It is awsome and I haven't even hooked it up to the net yet...screen is huge and actually has graphical displays unlike most controllers, completely plug n' play
Surely you're gonna give more info than THAT! come on bro! :)

I like the fact Lighthouse controllers are based in Ashville so if anything goes wrong I can just send you to take care of it for me :D
I think I'm looking at the ACIII to tell the truth. I need to look at the sheets they gave me and the info I jotted down. Then save up a few bucks before buying. I had no intentions of using a controller on the next build before the show. This is going to be the most expensive 20 gallons of SW ever....
I'm staring at the list right now :invisible I might need to reconsider what I'm doing.
Yeah Joe is a friend of mine and the Pres of our Reef Club. I think the company has taken a change from the home aquarist to the commercial set-up. Oh well.

I have an AC Jr on my 10g Frag tank and LOVE it! Some of the best $$ spent. Only problem is it's not "Web Friendly" at all. Well worth the extra $$ for the AC III unit. I'm going to start "seriously" start thinking & saving for my next controller (Hint Hint SaltySupply)

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
$16 dollars a night to park at the hotel even if you stay there. I conveniently lost my ticket to the lot across the street. It was cheaper to pay the lost ticket fee than the three nights parking.

Was this at the show. If so I totally overlooked it.

Wow didn't realize you had to pay at the hotel to! It was pretty nice where we staying, was next to a nice neighborhood and walking distance to nice resturaunts etc, also I learned my way around the atlanta!

I should have lost my ticket!

No Biomatix was not at MACNA, I spoke to them about it and they felt the controller is to new to market heavily, although I see it to be very promising so far...well worth the money.

saltysupply

RS Sponsor
That would be SWEET eh? :)

Well if it helps we paid $19 at the Westin. It was convenient as all get out but it was also "nickle & dime ya" to death :)

Surely you're gonna give more info than THAT! come on bro! :)

Yeah Joe is a friend of mine and the Pres of our Reef Club. I think the company has taken a change from the home aquarist to the commercial set-up. Oh well.

I have an AC Jr on my 10g Frag tank and LOVE it! Some of the best $$ spent. Only problem is it's not "Web Friendly" at all. Well worth the extra $$ for the AC III unit. I'm going to start "seriously" start thinking & saving for my next controller (Hint Hint SaltySupply)

Just let me know, the whole setup is worth about $1300 going for $899 atm...And yes I am documenting it on my thread, I just tested some lighting today on it.

nikkipigtails

Yeah did he fight in Atlanta this weekend? It looked like him outside in a hoodie.

No, he didn't fight, he was there to announce his fight against Brock Lesnar.

Had I known you'd be so close to the action, I would have sent you a poster that says "Hi, Nikki. I love you!" And you could have taken pictures of all the UFC fighters holding it and then sent the pictures to me. That would have been awesome! But, dangit, I just thought of it.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
I have the AquaController III on my reef and a Reefkeeper2 on my growout system. Both are priceless to me :D
I think if I had the extra money right now, I would upgrade the RK2 to a Reefkeeper Elite.

coraldynamics

RS Sponsor
Very cool set-up for Doni's clown breeding.
MACNA020.jpg

MACNA021.jpg

MACNA022.jpg

MACNA023.jpg

Haha Lynn got a pic of me after all! Top photo (far left background)!!

Those are my clowns in the FinsReef Round tank too! They are great guys and have some awesome H&S stuff!

It was good chatting with the RS crew at our booth, Lynn, Al, I think I remember seeing Frank too. I know there were more of you, but the 5.73 beers were affecting my memory.

Good to see you all

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
It was great to meet and chat with you Stephen. I have your Mangroves in my fuge and HOPEFULLY they are happen as can be!! Thanks for your help and support :)

Man I am so jealous. I hate that I didn't get to go...and the stupid storm wasn't more than a little rain and wind :( Hopefully next year....