Lynn and Frank's saltwater adventure.

Octoman

Instead I came home with some flourescent green blastos that are the brightest I have ever seen and an entire colony of beautyful acans. Much more subtle but purple with pink mouths. Kind of pastel colors and they are beautiful.

Ooooh, sounds like some really nice additions. I'll be looking forward to pictures!

reefsurf

your reef looks amazing lynn! besides offering great info on my threads your threads provide a lot too for my next tank.

lcstorc

Thank you everybdy.
Frankie, I don't think I have ever spent less than an hour at a good LFS. This one is often 2 hours since I know the owners and we get starting chatting. Frank was not nearly as excited as I was since I of course was thinking about the money not the beauty. He just got the offer on his new job so I expect that to help a bit. I can't wait to post the pics. These are probably these are among the nicest I have ever bought. I was only brave enough because I am getting my LEDs next month and I know I will have a lot more lighting options.

lcstorc

Learned two important lessons today.
1. Female maroon clowns have teeth and are not afraid to use them.
2. When you have an aquascape as precariously balanced as I do, don't move anything.
Trying to slightly adjust one leather resulted in re-scaping half of the tank to avoid the entire thing collapsing. Still have a missing midas blenney. Hopefully just hiding but usually lives on the opposite side of the tank and we can't find it.

DAHansen

Learned two important lessons today.
1. Female maroon clowns have teeth and are not afraid to use them.

I don't remember who recommended it to me, but someone said wearing a shiny watch helps. They were RIGHT! My clown loves to attack, but won't when I "offer" her my watch instead of my flesh. Once she sees it, she stays back at least 5 or 6 inches while I mess with stuff. However, I recently learned that I should probably wear two watches - one on each hand.

:)

HTH,
Dave

lcstorc

Hmm. Are you saying I should practice what I preach? What a novel idea. As always we were just trying to move one of the new corals. No big deal. It'll only take a few seconds. We all know how that works.
Got some awesome pricures but too tired to edit and post them now. I'll go through them tomorrow and post some of them.

lcstorc

Wow I have forgotten to update my thread lately. Bad Lynn.
Well this is just a warning of things to come. I will be sure to take before pictures but the tank is about to be completely changed. For once hubby had a great idea :)) ) I wish we could do it this weekend but it will have to wait two weeks.
I am very excited. Can you tell?
And this time it doesn't even involve spending a bunch of money. Just hard work.

lcstorc

It's not very happy right now. In fact it's unhappiness is what brought about the new idea for the tank.
It will love the new setup.
I do think I have a good pic or 2 I could put on the clam thread. Let's see what I can find.

lcstorc

HeHeHe
I'm not gonna tell. It's going to be soo cool though.
We're going to finally take advantage of all the goodies we have been aquiring. We will finetune the plans over the next two weekends. Frank's son came to visit tonight and they are having a guys day tomorrow and next weekend the twins and a friend will be here so I have to wait until the following weekend. :)

lcstorc

Different tank.
The 125 is where the Solaris is and the 90 was to be the seahorse tank. After over a year I have almost given up on the ponies and turned it into a kind of passive fish/softie reef. Still may change my mind but the bulespots are staying in the 90 for sure and the 125 is where the changes are going to be made this time.