LockJaw and Krill

charlesr1958

Just trying to get the word out as requested.

Quote, Kelly Jedlicki " After much personal research, I think I have come up with the cause of lockjaw in puffers and predatory fish that have a history of being fed only or large amounts of freeze dried krill. I have written a preliminary paper and presented my hypothesis to Drs Noga, Lewbart, Stoskopf and Harms at a recent Fish Health Conference. They all seem to think that I am on the "right track" and are willing to do the official research.

They are in need of deceased puffers or other predatory fish (lionfish, triggers, groupers, etc). They have to be shipped to NCSU and CAN NOT be frozen. They have to be refrigerated and shipped asap, overnight in a cooler. In addition to the necropsy, they will be doing histiopath and blood work. I will be posting all the shipping info, etc soon....if a fish dies before then, please PM me & I can get the info sooner.

Please - let's spread the word and get to the bottom of this horrible condition.

My preliminary article will be published soon - I will let all know the magazine/publication date.
" End Quote.

If you can be of help, please contact Kelly through her forum. Thanks!

LockJaw and Krill

Chuck

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
This is great. I hope they learn how to prevent this disease. I lost a very loved lionfish to it a while back :( I tried to gather info on the diseas then but could not find anything.

Please let us know when her paper is published!!

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
I too have lost several. None that I can relate to feedings though with the exception of 1 lion