lesson learned (GB star)

TDEVIL

well, as most know i was one of the people that said that teh green brittles were fine as long as you fed them

i couldnt have been more wrong

i always suspected the star was the cause of the Exqusite wrasse disaperance, but couldnt really prove it
well, last night i was watching 24 :) and during a break i went to look at the tank, the lights were off, so i looked with a flash light (like most do)

i actually watched the star get the wifes Eilbi angel, and boy is she mad, i couldnt get the cam to take a pic, they were just fuzzy pics of light, i had just fed the star not more than 1.5hrs before with 2 silversides which is what he gets every other night and sometimes inbetween he gets some Krill. needless to say he is usually full, or so i thought

teh wife wanted me to through the star in the mantis tank, because she knows that is where i put the hairy acro crabs, but i couldnt bring myself to do that, plus i have the flu :( and was a bit druged up when i was watching this (made the wife look to make sure i wasnt tripp'in, lol).

this isnt really a pitty thread :) as it is really my fault teh star has been in the tank for around 5 years (time isnt my thing)
i just want people to know to be carefull what you add to your tanks, it might bite you on the butt someday ;)

Jay

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Bummer about the angel :( I have heard such stories about green brittles before. I guess it was too late to save the fish when you noticed it?

Would a mantis eat a GB? If so, it would make a nice dinner for it ;)

Gina

RS STAFF
Having had the brittle for 5 years, he may have some attachment to it. Let your wife give it to the Mantis! Sorry, shouldn't be so heartless!

So, what are you planning on doing now? If he goes after your fish your gonna have to get it out. You could always set up a tank just for him I guess! That is, if you like him and want to keep him!

Karma for you!

jcoopergd

Dam Brittle Stars!

I took a peak in the tank last week and saw my banded brittle star hugging my new leopard wrasse.....

I think the wrasse was already on it's last leg for some other reason, and he half floated, half swam to where the star was, and he said - if your just goona sit there, let me at least eat you!

The star doesnt bother the firefish and gobies that sleep with him..

oh well

j

TDEVIL

not heartless at all, Gina :)

i just dont think the little mantis would be able to really do anything (i know it could)
the mantis is the same size as the disc of the star, plus he likes the little astrea stars a lot better :)

and to keep the star in that small of a tank (30g) would be a bit krull, atleast the little crabs have a bit of a chance

the star is a bit large, his arms are around 10-12" each :)

i might take him to the LFS when i feel better

Jay

hellenmoranov

Hi everyone. I am so excited to find this site again..!!

Hi everyone. I am so excited to find this site again..!!
A few weeks ago I search this item in the NET, and find this magnificent topic. But did not SAVE your address. I've been reading it for a while, and decided to try my luck asking a few questions…., and I'd like know more about yours forum, and about active members.!
Where I can find more INFO about this. Thank you very much
Best Regards..!!

prow

:welcomera back. you can just go to the forums and post away. was there some specific info you need?

burning2nd

i have a very large "brown bob", brittle star,

theres a few warrants our for his arrest, for the possible dissaperence of several member's of the comunnitny he lives in