Law Enforcement Officer Week

Chris3859

My former beat partner and best friend gave his life on January 7th, 2007 in the line of duty, responding to an officer needs assistance/shots fired call. Thank you Witfull for remembering LEO week.

Rahamey Mitchell...FCSO #120-I miss you brother, go walk a beat in Heaven's streets, your time in hell is done.

photo.jpg

l_4596435c72232452334f91b2d14113f1.jpg

Witfull

Chris, i am a Brother. i just came from our Memorial Services. I am a Man, and I cried for Brothers lost.

Chris3859

Witfull,

Good for you brother. Never be ashamed to shed tears for the one's that you love. 16 months since Rahamey's death and my heart is still not healed. I was not related to Rahamey, but I spent more time doing things people only see on TV or hear about on the news with him then I did with my own family. He became a member of my family....12 long hours at a time.

I have been to way too many fallen comrades funerals. But Rahamey was a member of my immediate "blue" family. We laughed together, cried together after the really tough calls for service, fought really bad guys together, and bled together. Then at the end of shift, we BBQ'ed together, drank beer together (when I could get him to actually have a cold beer), and were single dads together.

He was a giant of a man. 6 foot, 3 inches and weighed 280 pounds of solid muscle...and looked mean. His size scared more than one bad guy into hand cuffs. But he was a big teddy bear inside. He had a heart of gold. He died doing what he loved, protecting citizens and other police officers.

Chris3859

Thank you royalscott. A little story about the best thank you I had ever got from a citizen...And this is a TRUE story!!

About five years ago, Rahamey and I reponded to a call where a 3 year old boy died in his sleep. No details, but my daughters were 3 at the time. I got back in my unit and cried. It really hit me hard. I couldn't even talk enough to clear the call on the radio.

Several hours later, we went to breakfast at McDonald's. There was a mom and a little girl. She was probably 4 or 5. She kept looking back at Rahamey and I smilling. I remember her big, blue eyes to this day. She ran over to me and wrapped her little arms around me the best she could. She put a Hello Kitty sticker on my badge and told me she loved me. With the little boy that had died that night and all the emotions from that, and on the opposite end, this little girl that loved police officers, I lost it again. I let a tear run down my face and quickly tried to hide it. This little girl saw it and said to me, don't cry, I will keep you safe! Oh geez it was all over with then. Everyone was looking, and sniffing! It made me so proud of my job at that moment.

Big teddy bear across from me got up and went to the bathroom...LOL I carry that Hello Kitty sticker on my peace officer license to this day.

Witfull

Chris, the sad stories you have to let go,,,,no matter the emotion. they will tear at you to the day you die,,,,,but till then let them go. i remember reuniting mother and child after a firefight, seeing a friend survive a fatal shot. the smiles and friendship prior to "an Incident" the Man that was, not is. remember the Happy,,,not the sad, for the sad permenates all. dont let evil win.

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
My most humble and heartfelt thank you to law enforcement officers every where. You truly do make a sacrifice for the safety of the public and I respect that.

Chris, you are going to make me cry!

fishnu

Here's to my nephew (approaching 20 years on the job as one of Chicago's finest) and everyone who puts themselves between us and the bad guys.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
THANK YOU to all the law enforcement officers here and gone!!!
You guys/gals ROCK!!!
If it were up to me, you'd be paid a LOT more $$$$ for the critical job you folks perform.
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!