Kyles blood, sweet and TEARS!!! :)

kyle4201

Hey Kyle, how is the LED's doing? Did you get the lenses changed? I got mine in and I love them. I think I still need to go higher off the water though to get just a little more spread but the corals are loving them and they are only at 45% blue and 35% white right now. Trying to ramp up at 5% each week. And you were right, when the blues are on, it is like a neon garden.

I did get the new lenses, and I gues Im getting useto them. Im still not sure if they r better then my tubes, except the blues, lol. They r amazing!!

kyle4201

well,, since Lea brought home a little spiny puffer this is what I get to do. Friday im picking up a 55g tank and 2 fluval c4's. The start of my agressive tank. YAY!!! Going to be bare bottom with live rock. ! spiny puffer, 1 pigmy lion fish, 1 clown trigger and a snowflake eel. I already talked to my lfs and thy said when/if the fish get to big we can exchange them 4 smaller ones.
00s0s_cX7NVB4ABzA_600x450_zps0d230881.jpg
FluvalCmediafilter_SL285__zps2b934807.jpg
I know the tank is on the small side, but ive seen more in less and all was good. ugh, another tank,, please pray 4 me, lol.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
All those fish is a 55 will be messy (which you know) so I would try to ensure your flow on the bottom of the tank is sufficient to get all the crap in suspension. A good skimmer is your best friend.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
You must be CrAZy Kyle...but aren't we all! :LOL:
You know what I'm going to say before I type it....
For 6 weeks ya add NO FISH & then only one per month after that :hammerhea
I'm looking forward to your new tank, VERY BEST WISHES :crowd:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Oh, but You & Lea will get very attached to the fishes in the 55 as they grow...
I can see a 175gal. custom build in your future as their home cause you won't be able to "exchange them for smaller ones"
:swmfish::swmfish::swmfish:

Mike Johnson

Oh, but You & Lea will get very attached to the fishes in the 55 as they grow...
I can see a 175gal. custom build in your future as their home cause you won't be able to "exchange them for smaller ones"
:swmfish::swmfish::swmfish:

My 55 gal. is my least favorite size. The sizes go like this to me: 10, 30, 75. It's just to narrow. That said, I have a 55 that is going to be 9 in March.

Like Diana said, Go big for an Aggressive Tank or stay on the porch.

kyle4201

Shhhhh! My plan is to transfer the aggressive to the 90, & use the 55 4 a fuge when I get my 200. Lol :angel4:

kyle4201

Also Mama D, I will be using cycled water from my DT and pre cured live rock from a lfs,, so I shouldnt get a cycle right? Thinking 2 weeks till I put the puffer in. :)

kyle4201

well,,, I have the aggressive tank all set up and ready. here is my story.

Painting the bottom since its going to be bare bottom,, turned out GREAT btw. :)
20140103_133844_zps5241319b.jpg

After I cut down and routed my base plate I decided to paint it white.
20140103_171220_zps901c030f.jpg

Final resting place.
20140103_195128_zps7342945b.jpg

Mazie checking the new "live food holder" out, lol
20140103_195136_zpsb721175b.jpg

All the live rock is in, all pre cycled with cycled water (rock $280,, WTF????)
20140106_183901_zps3f27a4be.jpg

Fish corner. 55 Aggressive,, 45 corner QT,, 90 Reef.
20140106_190154_zps5d634931.jpg

and the 1st resident
20140106_225259_zpsea8bcce1.jpg
20140106_225330_zps74983229.jpg

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
OMG I LOVE IT!

Actually the part I love the most is:

Waaaa my girlfriend won't let me buy anything and waaa this was only $20 and I hope she will still love me, I told her I'm only going to have ONE tank......:waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa::waa:
ROTFL! Man I crack myself up:laughroll

What it all really means is that Lea is a saint and it's awesome that she is getting into the tanks with you. What it also sounds like to me is that she is REALLY getting into the tanks and soon you'll be the one she is telling "oh don't worry Kyle, this was only $20."

Nice job you two! I can't wait to see it stocked!

kyle4201

:LOL: LOL that wont happen,, if the tanks went away tomorrow all she would worry about is her puffer,, and what to put where the tank was. lol. But she is understanding a little more and enjoying her puffer, so thats important. :) lol

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Keep a close eye on it when you put in the trigger. If you wake up the next day and see a limb or two missing you'll need to relocate it:)

kyle4201

Keep a close eye on it when you put in the trigger. If you wake up the next day and see a limb or two missing you'll need to relocate it:)

Really Bear? I was more worried about the puffer. hmm, great to know my friend. I have 2 filters on the back rated for 70g each, I also did this so I could keep everything fed well with out having bad water from over feeding,, and full so hopefully we will have no accidents,,, well,,, except 4 the ones im bound to make. lol