Killing Aiptasia with electricity

DBrinson

On my list of things to do:

Get one of these

Then I wanna use it to mount one of these zappers, right above my DT on the wall

so in the end it looks something like this:

380f4720b9f32322.jpg

Random web examples on the frame and image, but you get the idea, heh heh

Even if I never use it, just think of the conversation piece.

Rhodes19

On my list of things to do:

Get one of these

Then I wanna use it to mount one of these zappers, right above my DT on the wall

so in the end it looks something like this:

380f4720b9f32322.jpg

Random web examples on the frame and image, but you get the idea, heh heh

Even if I never use it, just think of the conversation piece.

LOL :thumbup:

Skyreefer

Hey Paul, that is a sweet invention. I'm going nuts trying to kill my "Houdini" aiptasia. Can you PM me more info? (reviews, how to buy etc.)

Thanks.

Pgtrish

Hi All, received my aiptasia "killer" last week, have to say it worked great, smoked them right out. Thanks Paul!
Fish were a little curious at first, but when they saw it wasn't edible they hid.

Paul B

I see that a company "SWC" who bought two of my Zappers stole the idea and is selling the exact same thing.
He knows that I hold the patent for the device because I still have the E Mails.
My Lawyers are working on this for me. Now the fun starts.
Have a great day.
Paul

Paul B

There is actually 2 companies making the thing. Luckily for me I have some great backing with lawyers.
This is my second patent and I am used to it.
Mine is also proudly made in the United States.
I was originally going to have it made by that company and the owner said he was going to China to see if he could build it. When I got a much better offer to have it made here in the US, I called his company but they said he could not be reached.
When he got back I told him of my change of plans and he said I had to pay him for his expenses in China or he would market it without me.
We had nothing in writing and he said he was just going to find out some prices.
My real concern was that two members of different forums PMed me to tell me to watch out for this guy.
Anyway, it is not a big deal, I have the patent and soon he will not be legally allowed to sell it anywhere.
Have a great day.
Paul

tnwillia

So much for SWC! I use the 12" you made for me all the time now and the 22" is a spare. The 12" is far easier to work with for me. Thanks!

DBrinson

There is actually 2 companies making the thing. Luckily for me I have some great backing with lawyers.
This is my second patent and I am used to it.
Mine is also proudly made in the United States.
I was originally going to have it made by that company and the owner said he was going to China to see if he could build it. When I got a much better offer to have it made here in the US, I called his company but they said he could not be reached.
When he got back I told him of my change of plans and he said I had to pay him for his expenses in China or he would market it without me.
We had nothing in writing and he said he was just going to find out some prices.
My real concern was that two members of different forums PMed me to tell me to watch out for this guy.
Anyway, it is not a big deal, I have the patent and soon he will not be legally allowed to sell it anywhere.
Have a great day.
Paul

Chinese legal system is great too, they might just zap him with it ... then send his family a bill for the electricity consumed. ;)