Kerry's Starter Reef

a38f75c3fb5f34242f934257908c7fe7.jpg

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
I can't tell from the picture....A Stomatella Snail maybe? :ponder2:
And it's a scary thought that something killed that crab, are you sure you didn't just remove it's shedded shell? :fishy: They do shed & it looks like a dead crab when they do. Better stay on the lookout! :eeknew:

melvis

I had a similar problem with crabs when I first cycled my tank and there's still a baby one in there that I haven't managed to catch yet. The glass trick works wonders but if it's a swimmer crab (paddle shaped rear legs) then it'll simply swim out of the glass again, so you'll need a different plan of attack. I was lucky with first ones, managed to net them by chance.

I'm yet to try it on this one (as I'm working long hours and too knackered at night to bother at the moment lol), but you could go fishing... Tie a bit of bait to some string and wait patiently for a catch, probably best at night though.

Good luck either way.

Looking good, but hold off on more fish right now and remember the reefers saying "nothing good happens fast in reef aquariums" :)

HELP!!! my skimmer is going mad and will not calm down, i have cleaned it etc and it is still going mad, not sure what i can or should do about it????

Mayja

Social Media Moderator
RS STAFF
HELP!!! my skimmer is going mad and will not calm down, i have cleaned it etc and it is still going mad, not sure what i can or should do about it????

Going mad as in overflowing? If that's the case, check the height of the water level it is sitting in and adjust the air intake valve.

yes overflowing, we have checked the water height and that is fine, yeah we have put the air intake valve on and have to keep adjusting that now.

Snelly40

many skimmers do this until they break in and slime up... dial it back as much as you can and it may take a few days... also some places add conditioners to their water when they ship or pack fish so that could have contributed as well... also what did you clean it with?

So good job it came out. I am getting annoyed with the amount of rubbish that is collecting on the sand from the rock, any ideas how I can get rid of this it doesn't look very nice.