JJ's Photography Showcase

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Here's one from tonight:

ommci111.jpg

modulok

Nice colors on that one...is that a Favia?

The one I got from you died. It was a little too close to the anemone and it was too late before I realized it. The tips were extending much longer during the day, and by the time I got home they were shorter.

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
That's a christmas favia, I love how the opposite colors contrast so well against each other. That is my first pic using an extension tube on my camera I forgot I even had. It's nice to be able to get a little more up close and personal with the coral.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've got the same favia; it's a nice piece! Sadly the green on mine has faded a bit and the red has turned a duller brown. :(

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
I've got the same favia; it's a nice piece! Sadly the green on mine has faded a bit and the red has turned a duller brown. :(

That's usually a sign of not enough light. I grow mine in lower light and color is pretty rich. I had a couple pieces in higher light and they would bleach out pretty quick.

Funlad3

Huh, the way mine faded, I would have assumed too much light. I'll move him this weekend. :)

Thanks Jared!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
From red to brown is usually not enough light, not every coral is the same though. I shouldn't hurt to try, just take it in baby steps.

Funlad3

It had been growing well for a few months, then it inexplicably stopped and changed color. Now, looking at it, the answer is obvious. Clove polyps.... So now I need to find a way to kill those....

engineer goby

It had been growing well for a few months, then it inexplicably stopped and changed color. Now, looking at it, the answer is obvious. Clove polyps.... So now I need to find a way to kill those....

How did clove polyps get in there?

......I need serious help

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Here is one I've been hiding. Came in as a HH on a colony of Zoas and was about the size of a fingernail. It's a neon lime green with redish polyps. It's on growout but is growing well and the color is getting more intense as well.

ijnbgt6.jpg

Willie McDaries

Here is one I've been hiding. Came in as a HH on a colony of Zoas and was about the size of a fingernail. It's a neon lime green with redish polyps. It's on growout but is growing well and the color is getting more intense as well.

ijnbgt6.jpg

that was a very welcome hitch hiker I assume :D I had a nice neon green plate coral attached to my eagle eye zoa colony from live aquaria,it was about the size of a pencil eraser,it is now about 1.5" wide and 3" long,very nice piece now LOL