Jesse`s 10 Gal. Project

jesse_224

High guys, I just wanted to post a few pics from the beggining to now. I started this tank In Jan, or fed of this year. I started with just a 10 gal tank sitting on a counter and decided I wanted to try something new. I drilled the tank so I could put in a sump, and decided I wanted to build a stand and internal overflow wall.

StandFrame.jpg

This is the front of the 2x4 frame.

FrameSide.jpg

And this is the side of the frame. I used 1/4 in. Birch plywood for the sides and front.

StandFront.jpg

This is after I got the trim put on.

StandSide.jpg

Another after trim pic.

TankwithoutDoor2.jpg

I used honey oak stain. This pic also shows the sump. It was just a plastic tote I found at Wal-Mart for $3. It is 11in deep, 14in long, and 9in wide.

InsideafterDrilled2.jpg

This is right after I drilled the tank. I changed the plumbing after I put in the overflow wall.

Insideoverflow.jpg

This is looking down inside the overflow chamber. I used 1/4 in pvc for the stand pipe, and 1/4 in flex hose for the return with two 90 degree angles to direct the flow.

FullTankw-newsand.jpg

Here is a full tank pic. I have no fish. I have some star polyps and also a few mushrooms ,the mushrooms arent doing to great :(

Well, that is all for now. I still need to make a door for the fromt of the stand and I would like to make a canopy pretty soon to hold a 96w light.

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
:thumbup: Wow Jesse! I am impressed! You made your own stand, drilled the tank, made your own overflow and sump!!! Karma to you!!! Awesome work~~

Very nice looking tank. Keep up the great work. :whstlr:

jesse_224

I allready do want a bigger tank, but I live in an upstairs apartment and am moving out next year. I dont want to have to lug a huge tank up and down stairs! But yes.....I am dreaming of a bigger tank!

lcstorc

Dreaming is good. Plus the year or so gives you time to plan and save for equipment. LOL
Sorry but I am unstoppable I think. In 1 year I went from nothing to a 20g to a 125g then added a 24g seahorse tank. I am now looking at another 125g for the seahorses. (I have a friend moving cross country and selling his system) and a 200+ that I want to put into a wall. (That one is gonna be a while though.) I think you could say I am hooked.
Hope you enjoy the hobby as much as I do.

iluvzigz

PREMIUM
I can agree with you on that subject...i thought my 55 was huge from my 30 now i want a 125....atleast :bigbounce

deaclauderdale

That is great looking. There is something about building it yourself that noone can ever take away from you. I bulit my stand and canopy out of redwood.

mtfish

I'm very impressed!! The stand is awesome, and it looks like the tank is headed in the right direction too!

jesse_224

I finally built my hood and got some new lights. I put a Coralife 96w quad retro kit in the hood. Also a single 18 inch flour. strip so I can run only actinics when I want. I will be adding moonlights soon.
S3010218.JPG