Jeremy's 90 Gallon Build Mayhem!!

sambrinar

Holy Cow again.. what thread is this.. now we got Victor's head being blown off <shrug> and Scott peeing on his wall, and Cole tping a house or something... you guys are all nuts!!

vdituri

Holy Cow again.. what thread is this.. now we got Victor's head being blown off <shrug> and Scott peeing on his wall, and Cole tping a house or something... you guys are all nuts!!

It's the chaos theory thread I tell you!
Cats & dogs raining out of sky!
Ahhhhhhhh!!!

new reefer 03

Oh? I thought it might be one of those European urinal troughs! :lol:

umm??? what lol?

gosh jeremy, your threads are like th elocal chat forus or something! heres another page lol.

Scott, that will be $269.71. :wit:
victor showed me the discolored letters that spelled scott. lol.

too much :drunk: not enough :ponder2:

new reefer 03

lol not tonight, when you screwed up victors wall.
im goin to be i have to :ponder2: tomorrow. now im all sad because my little zoa frag isnt gonna be here tomorrow either lol

new reefer 03

they didnt have my onyx nassarious snails in, and i decided to have them wait, and get the onyx. on the other hand they called, told me, and offered me regular nassarious snails. im picky lol. its hard to get black in a tank, and that is one way :)

dianezoo

Trying to keep up with you guys.
Scott, why are you wanting help catching the hippo and sailfin. Those are two awesome fish. Is it becuase they outgrew the tank or are they evil?
Is your tank also a 90?
J - OBTW great new cronicle thread, even though its way sidetracked. But to get back on track with a question you asked a few pages back:
If your purple tang is in the 50 you still need to tear down that stuff for your 90 so your purple tang will still need to go into the QT tank while the new display tank cycles.

Jeremy0322

Trying to keep up with you guys.
Scott, why are you wanting help catching the hippo and sailfin. Those are two awesome fish. Is it becuase they outgrew the tank or are they evil?
Is your tank also a 90?
J - OBTW great new cronicle thread, even though its way sidetracked. But to get back on track with a question you asked a few pages back:
If your purple tang is in the 50 you still need to tear down that stuff for your 90 so your purple tang will still need to go into the QT tank while the new display tank cycles.

Well, now that family time is over, which consisted of me and dad playing computer games, let me answer this question and MAYBE get back on some form of topic cause I do have a few reef related questions.

My plan is the let the 55 run as normal for a week or two while I get the new tank drilled, overflow installed, stand stained and such, etc. Then all at once I would like to use about half new water and half old water, have fish in buckets or small tanks for a few hours, and get everything transferred over from one tank to the other all at once, maybe a 4 hour process. Rock from the current 55 and the 90 to get the best look, sand bed in place, 1/2 new water and 1/2 water from the 55, and then be done with that. Sound like it may work? I dont think it to be a long process, I want to get everything ready and then bam...new tank up and running in the blink of an eye.

However, if that doesnt work I have a 10 gallon and a 20 gallon that will be ready take fish if the need arises, and the 10 has a frag rack in it which will fit all of my corals, and has a 130 watt pc light sitting over the tank.

dianezoo

you will probably want to move the fish in last after the cloud from all the stirred up sand settles which would be the next day rather than hours.

Jeremy0322

I wonder if there is any way around that cloud. Anyone have any thoughts on this? This was my current plan..

1. Move fish into buckets and small tanks
2. Set up rock work in big tank.
3. Lay all the sand out.
4. Set plastic wrap on sand, then a plate, then a tupperware of some sort, then pour water in slowly. Melev does it something like this I believe and it doesnt kick the sand up, so I will do it that way and see how it works!
5. Then, after everything has a little time to adjust start the short accimlation period for the CUC and the fishies. Not all of them are going into the 90 though, the red scooter blenny is probably going to someone else, I would like the opportunity to get a mandarin at some point down the road. Anyone have any thoughts on how he would do with the 6 line, I know they compete for the same food but i will have somewhere in the neighborhood of a 15-20 gallon fuge?