Jeff's RSM 400

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
I think it's referenced in a sticky somewhere on this site because I have read it before. Enjoying the thread, Jeff.

jeffrey

This mornings readings...
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
Just ordered a JBJ Titanium Arctica Chiller 1/4 HP from Bulk Reef Supply, temp in the tank with the lights on stays @ 82.
Looking forward to the COLD water days ahead!

jeffrey

IMG_0034.jpg
Here we are at the ugly stage. It seems that the cycling is finally over and I have a lot of ugly crap that is slowly breaking up in the tank. Just got the chiller yesterday and looking forward to hooking it up tomorrow.

jeffrey

Nowellsy SNR

Great tank love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04-20-2012, 09:02 PM
jpsika08

Re: Jeff's RSM 400
Really nice setup, congrats Jeffrey!

BTW Rockscape, rocks .

04-20-2012, 08:37 PM
nanoreefing4fun

Re: Jeff's RSM 400
Looks great !!!

Thanks all! Looking forward to getting the chiller running today, maybe a cleaning crew sometime next week.
Have a Great weekend!

Nowellsy SNR

Jeff what chiller is it? Maybe a silly question but i take it you need a pump to run the chiller?

I see its the same as Red Sea use in there videos

jeffrey

Jeff what chiller is it? Maybe a silly question but i take it you need a pump to run the chiller?

I see its the same as Red Sea use in there videos

I have the JBJ 1/4 hp Arctica Titanium Chiller. With the way that the S series tanks are plumbed no additional pump is necessary, the in-take line connects to the tanks plumbing and the out-take line is run over to the sumps down pipes. When I first cranked it up it took about 3 hours to get the tank from 80 degrees to 77, hasn't run much since.
Enjoy!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
You are very welcome ! I have laptop signed in... all the time and check in frequently while watching sports on the telly :)

Nowellsy SNR

I have the JBJ 1/4 hp Arctica Titanium Chiller. With the way that the S series tanks are plumbed no additional pump is necessary, the in-take line connects to the tanks plumbing and the out-take line is run over to the sumps down pipes. When I first cranked it up it took about 3 hours to get the tank from 80 degrees to 77, hasn't run much since.
Enjoy!
Thanks for that Jeff :)