It won't fit!...help....

KimPossible

I bought a Tunze auto top off unit and everything is in place, BUT....
I cant get the damn hose on to the socket of the metering pump!!!! The hose is much smaller than the socket. I already tried putting the hose in the socket, but that doesn't work either ( I figured I'd cheat and just keep an eye on it )
I need h e l p :(
This is what I'm talking about
hose_and_fitting.jpg

fit_damn_it_.jpg

picture.jpg

What the heck am I doing wrong???
2 hours at it with screw drivers trying to widen the hose, pushing, slobbering on it to slick it up. I'm pooped.
Any ideas?

murkywaters

check with your lfs to if they have some kind of fitting that will make it work. If not try home depot or lowes. I am sure there some configuration that will work. When Danny and I need something we take the parts with us and check them at the store. It saves us a lot of trips. Wish I could be more help. oh and don't listen to the home depot guy when he says there is no such thing. That is their standard answer to women.

KimPossible

:) thanks Rhonda.
It really chaps my hide though, it was a kit, so the hose and socket came together.
Just not attached...:flaming:

deaclauderdale

oh and don't listen to the home depot guy when he says there is no such thing. That is their standard answer to women.

That is true (my wife told me). You could alos try contacting the manufacturer and inform them of the problem your having and see what help/advice they offer. But don't jimmy it you don't want a flood.

DaBird

I tried to go to their web site and look for info but don't know which one you have...

bluespotjawfish

Kim, I had the same problem. It does work the way it is supposed to. I can't remember what I had to do differently, but it does fit. I did like you - stared at it, etc. This is what takes so much of our time. Now I can laugh about it, you can't yet. I'm still not sure how it worked, but here's what I think I did. I fed the large end of the adapter over the black tube, then slid it all the way down the black tube (it is tight), then attached it to the pump.

Attachments

• P1000163-sm.JPG
    P1000163-sm.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 74

WaiWiliki

Are you able to heat the socket in hot water? That should expand it enough put the tube in it. Just make sure your pretty fast at it since the socket may lose the heat and retract to its normal size. Looks like they want a tight (interference) fit so it won't leak later. As a mechanical designer I get the same complaints sometimes.

Snelly40

i was just gonna suggest that wiliki, anyitme im fitting hoses and sich i have a pot of water boiling nearby, its the only way to go!!!

Dentoid

Smile Maker
PREMIUM
I just set my Osmolator up about two weeks ago. I forced it on! It's tight but does go on there with or without heating.

KimPossible

Unfortunately, the pic of the metering pump is pretty crappy, but it LOOKS like the hose goes inside that fitting, not over the outside...
The socket on the box and instructions is either black, like the hose, or the hose goes on the outside. The directions say "push the hose on to the socket of the metering pump up to the stop."

I fed the large end of the adapter over the black tube, then slid it all the way down the black tube (it is tight), then attached it to the pump.
I know this will work too, the fit is way to tight for it not to! I had a hard time getting it anywhere near a point that I could use a tool to grab it from the inside.
I can't remember what I had to do differently, but it does fit.
If you do, PM me.
I'm off to use my hair dryer on it.

If that doesn't work I'll go with Waiwiliki and Snelly's suggestion tonight.

Bummer dude
I did like you - stared at it, etc. This is what takes so much of our time.
No Doubt Blue Spot :D

Thanks for the link BoomerD

KimPossible

I got it in. Took blue eyes advise and rammed it in there...but not before a nice burn blister from the blowdryer...I figured I should pass on the boiling water ...lmao...