inducing labor round 1

mnreefman

well just got back from the hospital tonight. jen is ungoing the ol gel on the cervex. tonight it was unsucsessful so far and they sent us home.. hopefull though sometime tonight it will kick in and help peed up the process.. if not we go back for round 2 tommarow. if that doesnt work, thursday they will do the ol potasin (sp) and get thoes contractions going.. however they have said there is a better than avg chance of a c section. either way, by the end of this weekend ill be a father... SCARY THOUGHT!!!

i feel bad for my fiancee, she wants this over with sooo bad. and there isnt a whole hell of alot i personally can do except be there for her. but were excited knowing that this will happen this week!

anyways, just wanted to let yall know...

NaH2O

Contributing Member
Good luck Clint, and early congrats to you both! From someone that had to have an emergency C-Section, I hope things go smoothly for you both. Is the induction health related? Tell her I said to hang in there!!!

mnreefman

nikki, yes it is.. she has the ol gestational diabetes... i dont know how she does it having to pirck her fingers like 6 times day and administering shot 5 times... i know she has to.. but i couldnt do it

Gina

RS STAFF
Hope all goes well with the delivery whether natural or by cessariun.
Let us know when and if it's a boy or girl!!

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Congrats Clint!! My sympathy goes out to the mom-to-be!! It will soon be over and the pain is well worth it! :D

The hospital made me get up and walk around to stimulate my contractions...it worked well... I almost gave birth in the room! LOL~

mnreefman

thanks kim,

well round 2 is here and gone... no serious contractions so once again we were sent home.. last night there was some prgress made. she actually dialated to 3 cm and this morning she lost her plug... which means progress.... hopefull tonight it will get started otherwise tommarow its on to the potasin...

Warnberg

Good luck Dude... been thru a couple myself.....Sometimes it goes real fast... sometimes is seems like it lasts for days... oh wait, sometimes it does last for days...
Anyway sounds like progress is being made, hang in there and it will be over soon enough.

Early Congrats

Dave

Gina

RS STAFF
Well Clint! I'm sure shes had it by now! When are you gonna let us know what you have? We want pics!!

Kimmy

Clint, I hope the birth of your baby went smooth for you and jen. Congrats on the new bundle of joy! Besure to post lots of pics, we would love to see them! :)

mnreefman

well guys 36 hrs of inductions and no baby...
i cant say im upset, more dissapointed.. they tried everying, the gel, cervadel, putosin, and theres also a newer way as well, we were actually the first at this hospital to try it, they stick a catheter up in the cervix anf fill the yip with water to expand the cervix and then that is supposed to trigger contractions... well none of it worked, so back to the clinic tommaorw to talk to doc about other means of getting this baby out...

hopefully ill have some pics for you all later on this week... on a side note my birthday is on thursday, so maybe i could be getting the best present on that day.... anyway.. thank you all for the kind words and wishes

mnreefman

just got back from the clinic, 730 am tuesday april 26th, jen will be undergoing a cesarian..
thanks in advance for your thoughts and well wishes

Kimmy

We will be thinking of you and Jen. Glad to hear you will be meeting your beautiful baby in the morning :) Jen will do great as will you :) Make sure you get your rest tonight.
Looks as if you will be getting a B-day present early...LOL :)

Best wishes and Congrats!
Oh and an early :bday1: to the Baby!

Newt

Hope all goes well tomorrow, and congrats in advance. Hope the baby comes out healthy and happy so you can raise a little reefer. :turntable