I need help stocking a 2000 gallon tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
COMMOn, WHAT'S HE LIKE 4 YEARS OLD. Do you send out apologies to everyone who people think is bluffing, lol. I am sure he read this. I am pretty sure he's taken a lot of pics of his new house, so pan over to the tank and upload one. Or maybe it broke.

Mike
Damn Mike, you do appear to have some emotional attachment to this subject.

What I chose to do is of no concern of yours really but just to fix your curiosity no, I do not send out apologies all the time. But when I find an interest in something I do tend to pursue it to the best of my abilities for the best possible outcome.

COMMOn, WHAT'S HE LIKE 4 YEARS OLD.
It's comments like this that people have no time for and why some threads like this one tend to die off.
In other words, Trolling
In Internet slang, a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking other users into a desired emotional response[1] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[2] In addition to the offending poster, the noun troll can also refer to the provocative message itself, as in "that was an excellent troll you posted". While the term troll and its associated action trolling are primarily associated with Internet discourse, media attention in recent years has made such labels highly subjective, with trolling being used to describe intentionally provocative actions outside of an online context. For example, recent media accounts have used the term troll to describe "a person who defaces internet tribute sites with the aim of causing grief to families."[3][4]
stop being a troll mike. :coffee2:
If the abuse or OT derailment of this thread continues I will fully exercise my rights as a moderator of this forum.

REEFMAN1

Has been struck by the ban stick
I believe he has one. I mean when I was at Aquakink I provided countless pics of my 1350 gallon tank I built. If you look at my earlier posts you can see the details. Still have it setup. Just getting a smaller one going now till I can get the big monster up and running. I actually have 1 GIG of pics of it. But I didn't post any because I am not working on it right now.

Mike

ps DON'T THREATEN ME. I never said anything mean or made fun of someone. You want to shut me down, it's a mouse click away for you. SO DON'T LET ME STOP YA MY FRIEND.

robpam

As someone who doesn't post much but does read these threads, I have to say;

Cudos Frankie, having followed this thread, I agree an email was appropriate.

While pictures would have been nice, time can get away from you and this thread would have put me out and made me go somewhere else for info after it became a bashing thread.

Not everyone is as dedicated or has the time to keeping these things going as fast as some want.

If I had gotten the email and then saw what reefman said I would have just left, as with most of us my job, family and freinds come before what people on a forum want.

I agree completely with what Frankie said/or does in this instance

My .02,

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Even if I wasn't a mod I'd agree 100% with Frankie's actions. REEFMAN1 was the rude one in this case, and very disrespectful to Frankie's attempts to have the thread starter return with more information.

GlassMunky

I agree with him too on the point that the thread got out of hand and should be returned to order. But I also just found it rude how he went about talking to reefman. If he does want the people on this forum to not be nasty he should lead by example, not do the thing he's saying not to. sound alot like "Do what i say, not what i do" to me.

My .02 for what its worth

Rhodes19

I agree with him too on the point that the thread got out of hand and should be returned to order. But I also just found it rude how he went about talking to reefman. If he does want the people on this forum to not be nasty he should lead by example, not do the thing he's saying not to. sound alot like "Do what i say, not what i do" to me.

My .02 for what its worth

I guess I'm reading it wrong. I didn't see Frankie being rude but rather forthright on that he would have to take action as a moderator if all the sniping and rude/sarcastic statements continue. There is no place for comments like this here on RS, we should be supporting the OP not ridiculing him or having fun at his expense. I would be extremely disappointed in any moderator who didn't take control of a run away thread like this and correct it. Thats one of their jobs as moderators. If the OP left, and I hope he didn't, I could not blame him. If this was one of my first post here on RS and I got comments like those on the last couple of pages, I wouldn't come back either. Fortunately, all of my encounters here on RS have been friendly, helpful and supportive, and I hope it continues.

nightfire76

i think comments like what was saidreefman would have made me mad if in deed i had a tank like this and maybe force me to just stay away from this forum.....its one thing to tease bout having pics then to just outright bash the man.....its easy for one to judge if the shoe isnt on the other foot....frankly i hope he comes back and if i were a mod i would personally PM him and appologize for some of the rude comments said in this thread.....how can a forum like this grow if we push people away......also this is not me telling frankie and others how to do their jobs its just something i would do and a sujestion only

Dweezil

I have read the post by Frankie more than once now and I for one saw nothing rude or out of line there. reefman was inciting and the rude one.

Status
Not open for further replies.