I hate this hobby

The rsm250 would be great! If u have that option i woukd definitly do it. I have a feeling the older I get the bigger tank I will have. So by the time im get 70 hopefully I'll have around a 2500 galloon tank. But I will no longer be married. Lol

Eck36

I bought a 29g Biocube for my daughters birthday (wink-wink) in July. As I walked out the door, the guy at the LFS told me he would still be there in 6 months to sell me a bigger tank. I laughed. He was right, moving up to a 75 next month unless i can convince my wife that the 150 would be twice as cool.

Frankie

RS STAFF
what a bunch of whiners! Haha!
the key is not to burnout. keep it a hobby not a job

Fishdad1

I bought a 29g Biocube for my daughters birthday (wink-wink) in July. As I walked out the door, the guy at the LFS told me he would still be there in 6 months to sell me a bigger tank. I laughed. He was right, moving up to a 75 next month unless i can convince my wife that the 150 would be twice as cool.

Do some dishes, vacuum a little bit. Buy some flowers for the dinning room table, but don't give a particular reason. Let that sink in for about 36 hours, then after she's had a cup of coffee... mention the 150 gallon.

Eck36

I believe her words were "If you got a 75 would you be happy, or would you be upset in 6 months that you didn't get the 150?". Advantage-me!!

kyle4201

The rsm250 would be great! If u have that option i woukd definitly do it. I have a feeling the older I get the bigger tank I will have. So by the time im get 70 hopefully I'll have around a 2500 galloon tank. But I will no longer be married. Lol

WOW,, u got it all figured out!!! Sounds like a perfect retirement!!! ;)

Oxylebius

WOW,, u got it all figured out!!! Sounds like a perfect retirement!!! ;)

So, what are you saying Kyle? That you think it sounds great that retirement means that your/his tank is 2500gallons or that you will no longer be married? You are engaged, correct? Better not let Lea see this. :ponder2:
:scram:

Paul B

A true reef fanatic says "it's my love of all things fishy that attracted me to you, so on the same rationing I should have the tank I desire.

I have been married for 40 years and my wife knows that even as much as I love her, I would trade her for a smaller wife and a larger tank.
(OK, no I wouldn't, She is the perfect size now)

Choff

I believe her words were "If you got a 75 would you be happy, or would you be upset in 6 months that you didn't get the 150?". Advantage-me!!

Love it. My wife said the same thing when I was agonizing over getting the s500 vs S650.

...stupid auto correct

Mrsalt

PREMIUM
Nice boat Paul. That's a beast. Mine was a fair bit smaller.

Nicest boat I every had the pleasure of taking out for a day was a fairline targa. Massive machine that we took out across the North Sea. But I did say when I gave back the keys "nice boat, why keep it here ? I mean the uk is nice but seriously keep it somewhere where you can use it more often like the med?" The shame of it was he had this boat for 2 years and that was the only time it had gone out as I later found out. It was all show for him. Waste of a good boat to me.

Ah that reminds me, we used to trail ours down to the med year on year, mainly for boarding. But one time we stopped off at some lakes in the alps and loved it so much we never carried on down.

When I set up my new business, two things drive me. Emigrate somewhere hot, and get another boat. I think I might end up in a windy next time though.

Sorry for my off beat ramblings....... Just blame Paul for waving boat pics under me nose.

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/83315-als-red-sea-650-a.html[url]

DaneMyers

20 gallon is plenty large enough. What are you wanting to keep? I can tell you from experience nothing is ever big enough. I currently have 1 gallon aquariums and an 800 gallon aquarium and I'd like a bigger one.

puffermike

Yeah, it's sad when I went from 15-20g nanos the whole way to a 90G reef this year and As I looked into the tank today at how big some of the corals are getting I said the magic words...

bullet

are you guys happy with the way you did it ? going from a small tank and working your way up ? or do you wish you had just gone with a bigger tank begin with? we just started out with a 29 cube now I'm starting to wonder where a 120 would look best