I hate this hobby

LSUFireGal

So what you are really saying is that you hate that you love this hobby. Lol. I went from a 60 to a 220 in 4 months so I feel you.

kyle4201

WAAAAAAAAAAA! I Went from a 20g fresh to a 90g reef in 2 months. Now I have a 90mt, 40g qt, 40 home made fuge, 2g nano in the bedroom 4 "her fish", and am picking up a 60g this weekend 4 an aggressive tank cuz she brought home a spiny puffer. ITS ONLY BEEN 7 MONTHS TOTAL! ( she doesn't know it yet but im looking to upgrade the 90 to a 200 something. HA!) WELCOME TO THE ADDICTION! sucks. I could have a Corvette! Lollol

Talon33

I started big and went with a 125 gallon. Before that it was a 10 gallon freshwater. I have been into it for a year and just now getting coral. Fun is just beginning!

lbiminiblue

My 20 gallon is way to small I've only had it for 6 weeks and I'm done with it lol

Yeah we all know that feeling.
Right now I'm trying to stifle it by stocking up my 120 gallon.
I started with a 55 and upgraded in probably 5-7 months time.

Bearjohnson

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
If you are considering a 90 you may want to check out a 120. Almost the same foot print:)

First SW tank was a fo 29g with Eheim wet dry canister filter. That was back in 89
Last tank was a 75g but it never got off the ground.
I came home and found the water at 92 degrees.
At the time, wife wouldn't let me spend $700 for a chiller, that was 12 years ago.
We've since moved and I'm getting ready for the fun.
Have a 180g dt over 180g sump/fuge. Coordinating the initial fill this week.

Kyle Kyle Kyle. I lost count of how many tanks have now. Do u want me to set U up a charity fund? One tank is stressful enough but to have 16. Geez. Lol.

dblasky

I hear all of you. I started with 1 about 8 yrs ago until I had 9 and last year went down to 2 a 150 and a 55. It was just tooooooo much electric bill and buying too much salt. imaging in PR all had chillers. now I'm comfortable with 2. both reef. reef addict. what a great hobby specially when you start breeding and propagating. Happy New Year to all of you.

Paul B

I hate it too, I am definately not going to go another 40 years. The first 40 was enough :ofr:

ddelozier

PREMIUM
RS Ambassador
Everyone in this hobby hates it at some point. I hated it and almost quit when a 5hr drive for a job related move killed all my fish/coral/nems. My wife caught me taking pics of the tanks to post on Craigslist and had a total meltdown. She has nothing whatsoever to do with the setup/care of my tanks, and more often then not she balks at the cost of equipment/animals, but she wasnt about to let me do away with her Private ocean view.

Everyone in this hobby hates it at some point. I hated it and almost quit when a 5hr drive for a job related move killed all my fish/coral/nems. My wife caught me taking pics of the tanks to post on Craigslist and had a total meltdown. She has nothing whatsoever to do with the setup/care of my tanks, and more often then not she balks at the cost of equipment/animals, but she wasnt about to let me do away with her Private ocean view.

Same exact story over here! She does absolutely nothing when it comes to getting her hands wet when it comes to the aquarium. She will put all the dishes in the dishwasher tho. I won a brand new 29 galloon nano cube through the reef club im in. Ive always wanted a nano. 700 dollar tank that I wouldn't have to buy. Plus a 29 galloon wouldn't be near expensive to set up with rock and all ju mmed. She wanted to sell it. I said no and I put it out in the shed until further noticed. U know what. I'm gonna go out three right now and set it up. Yep I'm bombs do it.

ziggy

Same exact story over here! She does absolutely nothing when it comes to getting her hands wet when it comes to the aquarium. She will put all the dishes in the dishwasher tho. I won a brand new 29 galloon nano cube through the reef club im in. Ive always wanted a nano. 700 dollar tank that I wouldn't have to buy. Plus a 29 galloon wouldn't be near expensive to set up with rock and all ju mmed. She wanted to sell it. I said no and I put it out in the shed until further noticed. U know what. I'm gonna go out three right now and set it up. Yep I'm bombs do it.

Surprise... She Probably sold it already! :hammerhea

kyle4201

Kyle Kyle Kyle. I lost count of how many tanks have now. Do u want me to set U up a charity fund? One tank is stressful enough but to have 16. Geez. Lol.
lol Reef,, not 11,,, (yet). I would be done if she wouldnt have gotten that dam puffer. However, ever since day 1 thats all she has talked about and wanted. If it takes 1 55g tank for her stupid fish for her not to complain about my 90g MT then no problem. Besides,, I GET A LION FISH YAY!!!! lollol
and you right,, it is a little much. Water change day is more of a hassle and the QT is a constant effort,,, but in a few months when im done stocking fish,,, its cruse control and show off time. :) Hopefully it will be worth it,

lol Reef,, not 11,,, (yet). I would be done if she wouldnt have gotten that dam puffer. However, ever since day 1 thats all she has talked about and wanted. If it takes 1 55g tank for her stupid fish for her not to complain about my 90g MT then no problem. Besides,, I GET A LION FISH YAY!!!! lollol
and you right,, it is a little much. Water change day is more of a hassle and the QT is a constant effort,,, but in a few months when im done stocking fish,,, its cruse control and show off time. :) Hopefully it will be worth it,

Hahaha thats funny. Cause my wife wants a puffer so bad. But she still doesn't comprehend that puffers eat more that oprah. And ur right when show off time comes it makes ALL worth the work. This is a hobby u have to love. Or u shoukd never even consider it. It sux all the water changes and all the work especially what you've been through, but there is nothing like it to have a thriving ecosystem in ur living room.

scott7975

My 20 gallon is way to small I've only had it for 6 weeks and I'm done with it lol

That's nothing. I just picked up a 16g Nuvo and I haven't even started the cycle yet. Already I am thinking about those new RSM 250-C's. On a serious note... that was always my plan to start, but I picked up this little one in the meantime cuz its cute.