How GHETTO are you?

lcstorc

I gotta go with the clam on this one.
It's not getto. It's creative.
What is suprising is that duct tape has not been mentioned in this thread.

Smiley1

ghetto.....black plastic trash bag taped to the back glass(it is now pulled away from the glass for the reflective properties of the glass according to that one thread)...run an emperor 400 and rinse and reuse the filters once every 2 weeks. I have spare filters i change out and set the rinsed filters in the sun for a few days....got all my sand from the local beach... let it sit in the sun for a few days..... have some of that red lava rock from freshwater tanks for my base rock. (soaked in vinegar for 3 days, sun for a week) 10 gallon water change every 4 weeks with filtered ocean water at a buck a gallon. I top off once a week. I dose with pickling lime and baking soda. I clean my glass once a week with a kitchen scrubby and a razor blade.(cant afford a mag float yet.)

prolly not as ghetto as sum but is more ghetto than i want.

naperenterprise

Mag float is pretty cheap on Dr. Foster and Smith.
2 week sale
I saw this post and figured I would share as I just got another this morning from them...

ghetto.....black plastic trash bag taped to the back glass(it is now pulled away from the glass for the reflective properties of the glass according to that one thread)...run an emperor 400 and rinse and reuse the filters once every 2 weeks. I have spare filters i change out and set the rinsed filters in the sun for a few days....got all my sand from the local beach... let it sit in the sun for a few days..... have some of that red lava rock from freshwater tanks for my base rock. (soaked in vinegar for 3 days, sun for a week) 10 gallon water change every 4 weeks with filtered ocean water at a buck a gallon. I top off once a week. I dose with pickling lime and baking soda. I clean my glass once a week with a kitchen scrubby and a razor blade.(cant afford a mag float yet.)

prolly not as ghetto as sum but is more ghetto than i want.

Smiley1

Mag float is pretty cheap on Dr. Foster and Smith.
2 week sale
I saw this post and figured I would share as I just got another this morning from them...
sweet, thanks.... now if i can just come up with 10 bucks. One thing i dont like about California is the return on beer bottles and cans. In Michigan, we got 10 cents each. Here in Cali, I cant figure out what to do with them all. Ive got boxes in my garage of empty beer cases from Pyramid. Back home I could fill up my gas tank on one trip to the bottle returns machine.

my 145 stand is made of from 8 flat black spray PAINTED cinder blocks. IM not done yet haha the back of it isnt painted its just a black cloth! that is taped on the back to make it black next come my live rock.... someone i know makes it home made so in my 55 gallon tank is all home made live rock. its okay not as good as REAL fiji rock. What else i gaurentee there is more just cant think of it right now