hooked82's 125g experience

hooked82

Charlie97L said:
just make sure the pvc is capped and sealead, and you won't have a problem with that. :)

Definately will do that. Dont want the chance of that thing showing up without me knowing heh.

hooked82

Well, filled the sump back up and guess what, same place leaking for the third time. This thing is going down!!!! Just repaired and am pretty confident that it will be gone this time.

hooked82

Yeah it was starting to frustrate me because I would like to check if I have any leaks anywhere else, but I guess that the way it goes. Only way to go now is up right? right???? :D

hooked82

Well a little update. Tank has been filled and ran with the return pump to clear out the lines and check everything out. Everything good other than not being level. I checked before I added water and the stand top was level. Once water was put into the tank its leaning towards the back wall. The floor joists are running perpindicular to it and its a load bearing wall with supports on the beams already. Not sure what is going on, but what would you guys suggest is the best way to go about leveling it? Put some shims on the underside of the stand? Or would you suggest tearing up the carpet and seeing whats going on beneath? Thanks guys!

boozeman

hmmm...pull the carpet up..maybe theres a floor problem..or if you have access to the bottom of the floor, better since that way you can check the joists

Charlie97L

my vote is that they skimped on your carpet padding and it doesn't go all the way to the edge of the wall. :) seen that many times.

but yeah, don't shim... figure out what the issue is. it could be more serious.

hooked82

Well no updates for a while so I figured I'd keep everybody updated. Tank is level now, have been battling leaks for a while and finally got them all resolved yesterday. Got the water in the tank as well as the sand and the rock that has been waiting in my 55g tank.
Very glad to have the tunk running FINALLY!! Here's a few pictures until the sand settles and I can do a little aquascaping. One of the pictures is of a hitchiker crab that I finally got a good picture of. Camera hasnt been handy the previous times. Any idea on the species? For now he's in the sump until the fuge is up and running.
*Patiently waits on cycle* :rolleyes:

DSCN5954.jpg

DSCN5957.jpg

hooked82

Thanks!! I can finally relax a little since the past month has been extremely hectic getting this thing up and running.
As for the crab, yeah he wont be going to the tank. The guy that I bought the tank from said that it killed/ate 2 of his clams, a dozen or so of snails, and a few other things so fuge or bust he will be.

hooked82

Thanks slobra. Its going to be fun. I do have one question for you guys. This is the first time I've done the cycle with a piece of table shrimp. When should I take this out? I put it in a micron bag to keep the mess down and its starting to rot around the bag. The pods and worms are loving it! I was thinking to take it out once I have my ammonia spike or should I take it out prior? Its been in there for about 5 days now. Thanks and I will get some more pictures soon of everything running with the LR in it.

hooked82

Well its been a while, been very busy, and now the fruits of my labor
DSCN5996.jpg

DSCN6001.jpg

I only have the two outside MH's running as come to find out, the third ballast that I assumed was a 250 Watt MH Ballast is infact a 175, so I am now looking at getting a third Icecap to get all the lights working. The bulbs are 14k ReefMax's and I love the color.
Well thats a quick update will be back tomorrow with a full update and possibly some pictures of the hood, etc.

hooked82

A few more pics. First is the updated pic of the equipment closet. Still need some tidying up and also get the calcium reactor setup.
DSCN6002.jpg

This is a pic of my durso that I modified and added a valve to be able to control how much air is allowed into the pipe.
DSCN6004.jpg

lcstorc

It all looks neat and tidy. I like the way you used 45 instead of 90 degree angles in some places.

hooked82

thanks Lynn. Yeah I only used about 3 90's on the whole setup. Figured if I was going with rigid piping, cut down on the restrictions.