Hi folks! Just some updated pics of the 55g's inhabitants! (56k beware!)

TomV

Hi Folks!

Just wanted to update on my 55g which is nearly 1 year into it's recovery from the horrible disaster it endured due to a winter storm in Feb 06. I picked up some corals the other day to supplement a little. My apologies for anything out of focus, etc.

Here's a rock with a bunch of sponges and things growing on it.

DSCF2140.jpg

My new Decorator Crab
DSCF2109.jpg

My Maroon Clown
DSCF2137.jpg

A Xenia I just picked up (it's baseball sized)
DSCF2132.jpg

A bed of Feather Dusters that survived the days-long outage...
DSCF2128.jpg

My Sergeant Majors. Both of these fish are 3.5inches long! (They're only mean to each other!)
DSCF2151.jpg

And lastly, I believe this is a baby Colt Coral. But, I'm not sure. It is about an inch and a half tall and as wide as a silver dollar. I picked it out of the $25 Corals Tank.
DSCF2121.jpg

Could it be a colt? It's smooshed itself onto the front glass here. So, that's why it looks odd.

Thanks for viewing! Comments welcome (Except for negativity about my buddy, the Decorator Crab! :p )

blue_eyes53813

All looks great Tom... What kind os maroon clown is that? Its white markings look different than most clowns you see?

TomV

I looked again, and I think I count 8. Cespitularia? A type of xenia or anthelia?

So you don't think it's a Colt? I guess I will REALLY find out when it gets bigger. ;)

All looks great Tom... What kind os maroon clown is that? Its white markings look different than most clowns you see?

It must be some kind of mutant! :bugout: I've seen some Maroons and other clowns with those broken stripes before, though. It's still a Maroon, just a breeding anomaly, I guess?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Looking good! Nice pics TomV! I agree with Lucy that that last coral is some type of anthelia or clove polyp.

TomV

Looking good! Nice pics TomV! I agree with Lucy that that last coral is some type of anthelia or clove polyp.

Thanks Doni! And thanks everyone who posted so far!

Well, if it is, indeed, some kind of clove polyp, it sure is THICK! I'll keep looking for a good Colt Coral as time goes by. Gotta get another. :D

burning2nd

looks great!,

dont understand what you ment about 56k?

your still useing a modem? that doesnt effect our speed only the hours it took you 2 upload them...

Nice tank tho

TomV

looks great!,

dont understand what you ment about 56k?

your still useing a modem? that doesnt effect our speed only the hours it took you 2 upload them...

Nice tank tho

Nahh. I was just trying to warn anyone who IS using a modem that they should probably avoid the thread or be ready to wait while the pics load. I, myself, use an 8mbps Cable Internet Connection. ;)

And thank you for the compliment! :D

I'm working on getting it back to looking like a reef again.

TomV

Are you people STILL sure that this is some kind of Anthelia? It is "standing up" more today. See the thick inner "stalks"?

DSCF2172.jpg