Help!!!!!!

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Seems possible. Sorry for your loss, though. My hogfish ate mine so I know how you feel.

TheBishop

My cleaner Shrimp steals food from the Anenome always picking at it and doesnt seem to be phased by it, when I feed Anenome i have to keep shrimp isolated for a bit or distracted

Octoman

Possible, but are you sure it wasn't a molt? They hide for a while afterwards until their shell hardens.

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
I've lost my knife in my pocket n its only quart size. Tanks have hiding places u will never find.

........... we cut living things into pieces. sheez

steved13

PREMIUM
It might not re-appear, but after molting they are vulnerable, so they hide. It wouldn't be easy for the anemone to "catch" the shrimp, the shrimp knows better, not impossible just not easy. That's why I'm in agreement with the octoman that it might be a molt. Also, something to hope for :)

Chris954

It might not re-appear, but after molting they are vulnerable, so they hide. It wouldn't be easy for the anemone to "catch" the shrimp, the shrimp knows better, not impossible just not easy. That's why I'm in agreement with the octoman that it might be a molt. Also, something to hope for :)

molt? why look for that ?

bmplank86

Cause you might just be seeing the exoskeleton and not the actual shrimp

"No rain, no rainbow"

lcstorc

You don't need to necessarily look for the molt. They were just suggesting that the anemone may have eaten the molt instead of the actual shrimp.
Meanwhile anemones can and will eat anything they can catch. Most shrimp are smart enough to escape quick enough, but it is certainly possible yours didn't get away quickly enough. Keep an eye out for the shrimp. I have had them turn up weeks after I thought they were dead.

dmatt88

You don't need to necessarily look for the molt. They were just suggesting that the anemone may have eaten the molt instead of the actual shrimp.
Meanwhile anemones can and will eat anything they can catch. Most shrimp are smart enough to escape quick enough, but it is certainly possible yours didn't get away quickly enough. Keep an eye out for the shrimp. I have had them turn up weeks after I thought they were dead.

Or months.

..........tequilla is not my friend anymore