Hello from Finland!

tatuvaaj

Hi all,

I'll start by posting a photo of my tank:

tank4.jpg

The tank is going to change in near future as I'm going to add some fresh live rock (I've always liked tanks with more rather than less live rock).

lcstorc

Welcome to RS!
Looks like you have been reading here. You must know how much we love pics.
Beautiful tank! What size is it?

tatuvaaj

lcstorc,

It's a 212 gallon tank. I've been keeping reef aquarium for 18 yrs and this is my 3rd tank. I have had this one close to 5 yrs (although most corals are younger than that because of a couple of major catastrophes...)

lcstorc

Sorry about the catastrophes! Tank looks great!
Glad to have another very experienced reefer around. I've only had my 125g for less than a year, so I am constantly learing from people like you. Someday I will have a tank that nice.

Gina

RS STAFF
Welcome to RS!
Looks like your tank is a cube?
What are the dimensions?

Looks great!

tatuvaaj

Hi Gina!

No, it's not a cube. The dimensions are 140 x 72 x 80 cm (~ 55 x 28 x 31.5 inches) l x h X w

It might look as a cube due to the way I cropped the photo. I should take a better photo, the angle isn't good either ;)

Witfull

Welcome to the Posting world of RS. great looking tank, i anticipate seeing its transformation.

R.yumaDaddy?

Welcome and karma on the unique reef. I agree more LR would look better. Cant wait to see more pics in the future.

tatuvaaj

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I'm trying to find good quality live rock right now but with only one "good" shop in the whole country it may take some time :eek: ;)

Some technical details:
2 x 250W HQI + 2 x 30W NO
2 x Tunze 6100 Stream
ATI Bubble Master skimmer
24/7 GAC
Refugium w/ reverse lighting

Cougra

I hope that you will leave that gap between to two piles of live rock. I really like that effect and think it's a nice change from the wall of rock that seems to be so popular. You have some very nice looking established corals! Great job.

How do you find cleaning the tank with a depth of 72cm? My deepest tank is 51cm deep and I find that it gets difficult to clean near the bottom, even with good magnets and long syphons. (but then again I've got short arms!)

BoomerD

That's a name that's awful familiar from "that other site". How have you been? Tank looks great. Lush and healthy.

tatuvaaj

I found a couple of old photos to show how the tank has changed through the years. You can clearly see how much I've removed old live rock and some of my old and big corals:

vanha2.jpg

vanha1.jpg

tatuvaaj

Cougra said:
How do you find cleaning the tank with a depth of 72cm? My deepest tank is 51cm deep and I find that it gets difficult to clean near the bottom, even with good magnets and long syphons. (but then again I've got short arms!)

I find cleaning very difficult ;) :) I can't reach all the corners of the tank as I don't have access to the tank from the back side. I think that 72 cm is close to maximum height for an aquarium if you don't want to dive into your tank ;)

tatuvaaj

BoomerD said:
That's a name that's awful familiar from "that other site". How have you been? Tank looks great. Lush and healthy.

Boomer :hallo:

I've been "offline" for some time, the thing they call "Real Life" has been taking too much of my time :D

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Welcome to RS Tatu long time no see :)
The tank is looking fantastic and I prefer less rock myself, plenty of room for the fish to swim although I know you don't like to have alot of fish.

boozeman

:welcomera to RS...awesome pix :thumbup:
hope you keep it the way it is..the valley in between gives the tank a nice feeling of depth, I'm a fan of this look.

tatuvaaj

cheeks69 said:
although I know you don't like to have alot of fish.

Robert,

I've been thinking about this lately... OTH I really like a system that provides a lot of food and room for fishes but OTH I've been thinking about more "dynamic" system with more fishes (and feeding) but at the same time more efficient nutrient export... Maybe I'll get more fishes in future (although I still want only small fishes, I don't feel good about the achilles tang I now have in my tank)

tatuvaaj

I guess it's about time I give a quick update :ashamed:

A lot of has happened during the last three years but to make a long story short, the tank above broke about 5 months ago so I "had" to get a new one.

New tank right after start:
new-tank-after-move.jpg

And the latest photo I have:
Tank-200906.jpg