Heater Problem

R.yumaDaddy?

My Won Bros digital titanium heater (250 wt) is reading 86 deg. on the display and the actual temp is 78( taken by pin point) Normal temp is 80. I've had the same problem with the same model heater in the 350 wt on a different tank that read 143 deg. Basically the temperature reading abilities are the issue which causes the heater to stay in the off position. It has been forking PERFECTALY for 6 months. I loved thses heaters up until now and want to replace it IMMEDIATELY, but dont know what is THE BEST HEATER available.

Gina

RS STAFF
Not sure what the best is but, we use the Visi-Therm submersible.
Have never had a problem with them to date.

R.yumaDaddy?

I fix

DSCF4144.JPG

DSCF4142.JPG

DSCF4143.JPG

BoomerD

I had nothing but trouble with the Won Bros heaters. Probably never have another titanium heater again. Also, the Gen-X heaters aren't very good either. One of those crashed my tank, and I lost over 1/2 of my fishes.
Not sure how the new Jager heaters are since they took manufacturing away from Ebo. For many years, Ebo-Jager was the best you could get, but the last few years, quality seemed to go downhill. Hopefully, the change will bring them back to their old standard.

R.yumaDaddy?

"Finnex Heaters are our #1 recommended brand for Titanium heaters. Especially the deluxe heater/controller combos. Their glass heaters are very nice as well. Finnex is made in Taiwan and uses some Japanese circuit boards. We feel they are higher quality than the Chinese and Korean brands. " -Premium Aquatics

wish I saw that before this

BoomerD - I like ebos also but want something digital so a problem can be recognized

R.yumaDaddy?

Nice link... I buy new for now as I need asap... but this may be in my future as i have access to all /most the parts for free at my job!

billyr98

heaters.... The weather is so warm... You have them plugged in :-\
Well if you do.. i know a lot of people who think WON is junk...

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Ebo-jager (Ebo) .... are the only heaters I have/trust.
I have heard bad things about Won... mainly that they only work well for a few months...

fidojoe

Fish Addict
My viaaqua titanium works fine for me, although the controller is analog. I use 3 of those inexpensive coralife digital thermometers in various parts of my tank to monitor it and I have figured out what they guy in BoomerD's link did. My heater triggers at exactly the right temp, however it doesn't shut off till it is a deg or 2 warmer, so I set it a deg or two lower than what I want and suprisingly my temp doesn't fluctuate much.