Happy Birthday RS~

Witfull

SOCAL-Rich said:
haloooooooooooooo!

The thread that started it all!

It was 2 yrs ago today that the doors were kicked open and the rest is history. A group of friends banded together behind two dedicated people. Teri, aka Reeflady, and Travis formed a core that magnetized us together. The goal was to bring the qualities of many sites together, in a safe haven. ReefSanctuary was born. Over the past two years we have grown in size and members, but one thing has never changed, the commitment of quality and friendship.

To Teri, my friend I miss you. To Travis, thank you for all of your confidence. To the staff of RS, Craig, Doni, Robert, Michelle, Gina, and Mike, you help keep the positive force moving forward.

Many of the names at RS have changed. Friends have moved on to other things, I moved up from member, to Moderator, to Administrator. Craig is the only remaining Mod from the original moderators. Doni, Mike, Gina, Michelle and Robert all earned their positions through quality posts and dedication. Even with these changes, we all strive to bring everyone the best information in a fun atmosphere.

To everyone that has lent a helping hand to creating RS, I want to take this moment to thank you. Teri, Mojo, Maxx, Curt, Cosmic, Troy, you have left your mark on RS and we all appreciate your hard work. You are part of RS forever.

To all of our members, past and present, posters, readers, and lurkers, you are why we are here! Those who want quality information, and enjoy a little silliness mixed in~ a place where anyone can ask a question without an asbestos suit. From newbie to OFR, we all can learn and help each other.

So to Everyone, HAPPY BIRTHDAY~~

fidojoe

Fish Addict
Happy Birthday RS!!!
To everyone that has lent a helping hand to creating RS, I want to take this moment to thank you. Teri, Mojo, Maxx, Curt, Cosmic, Troy, you have left your mark on RS and we all appreciate your hard work. You are part of RS forever.
I hope that the old timers will chime in to say hi sometime, wether they still have their tanks or not. I miss you guys/gals.

Newt

Happy Birthday RS,,,,and thank you for all the good times! LOL

Also a big thank you to the mods, and admins for making the site what it is!

:thumbup:

Gina

RS STAFF
Happy Anniversary and Happy Birthday to what I consider one of the best Reef sites around! I am thrilled to be a part of this community and look forward to many more years!
Thanks to all for making this a great place to be and thanks for all the help you have given me over the last two years!

What a great group of people we have here!!

Last edited:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Well written Dave!!

Happy Birthday Reef Sanctuary!! :clink: Cheers!! May we never loose our humor, fail to show understanding, or begin to condem someone for their mistakes~~

Shells

Happy Birthday RS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

I just love coming to this 'place'! Everyone is always so
friendly and generous with information!! I'm not gonna
go anywhere!!! :chair:

NaCl-H2O

:bday1:

Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Reef Sanctuary
Happy Birthday to you

Here's to more...:clink:

BoomerD

Dave, thanks for the reminder. Trav, you've done a great job since everything got handed to (dumped on?) you. Teri, we all miss you, and would like to hear from you occasionally, and hope life is good for you.

Happy B-Day RS!!

Kensn

I must admit, being semi new here I, this site has the look and feel of something that had been around a lot longer. Well done!!!

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Happy Birthday RS!

I just want to extend my heartfelt thanks to all the staff at RS for allowing my school a place to share our tank with everyone. I truely appreciate all the support and comments you have made over the last several months! Wait till my students get rolling here! I COULD NOT HAVE PICKED A BETTER PLACE! :thumbup:

Cheers!
:)

ReefLady

Staff member
OK, my turn.

The past year has been... well... beyond words for me and for ReefSanctuary. A year ago, we were in a pretty difficult place (as many of you will remember). The members' loyalty and faith in this place drove me to forge ahead and make some major changes- the way I run the board, heck, the fact that I run the board... :) The software, the maintenance, the focus on building a self-sustaining community, the constant search for new members, and most importantly, not doing anything to ruin our most vital asset- the friendly, helpful atmosphere free of the typical forum B.S.

Cut to a year later... our activity has tripled, we have a host of new sponsors, we see new faces every day, the board software looks and runs much, much better, we have the best staff of Mods and Admin that you'll find on any forum anywhere... and most importantly, through all of that, when I look at how people here treat each other, I can tell you that through all of that, we haven't changed a bit. ;)

After two years at the helm I'm convinced that every year, it just gets more fun. I can't wait for the next twelve months, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow too.

Thanks to all of you, for being who you are, that makes us who we are- a real, true, honest to goodness Reef Sanctuary.

-Your proud host

jimeluiz

Congratulations all. I am continually impressed with the growth and development at RS and amazed (though not surprised) at how safe and accessible it stays for newbies and old timers alike. Well done! Thank you Travis and Co. :winner: all of us who frequent RS.:colorful:

Witfull

I love this Place. and seeing the comments above only proves the quality people that make this a home~~

Cougra

Wow, time flies! To think I still remember that first post and getting annoyed because I didn't post until the count was in the double digits!
Congrats everyone for helping keep this forum going so smoothly.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Happy Anniversary and very well said Dave ! I miss all these guys Teri, Mojo, Maxx, Curt, Cosmic, Troy.... just a great group of people that I miss alot and hope they drop by once in a while:angel3: