getting MH :)

mro2you2

Yep, You heard right.:blueoh: Im going to get a clip on MH light around Xmas time and Im going to get rid of my crapie pc lid that came with my 29 biocube. I cant wait to start getting SPS coral. I am afraid of topping off alot more then I have to and afraid I will forget, also afraid of fish jumping. Is there any way I can avoid any of these. I know the topping off I cant change but fish jumping and ruining my MH lighting. :help:

mro2you2

there was a thread around here somewhere about a mesh top u can build maybe someone can link it up

thanks grendel! :read: do I really need to add any thing like bionicbecause my calcium is 420 and I dont dose with anything. I get my water from my LFS and I think they may already dose it.

I really trust my LFS owner. He has a 2000 gallon aquarium with sharks and SPS coral. His tank is even older then PaulB's tank ( I dont believe it either but its true ).

GlassMunky

once you put in the SPS you might notice them depleating the calcium faster than your tank does now. but if your levals are good, i would see no reason to dose just for the sake of doseing

mro2you2

thanks! Do SPS sting? I could use comon sence and say no because all they are is skeletion with small polyps sticking out.

Rhodes19

For water top off I would look at getting an ATO unit and place it into chamber 3 where the pump is. That way you will only have to remember to fill up the top off water container. As far as a fish guard goes, I used rain gutter guard to cover the back chambers and you can make a screen cover using metal channel used for window screening and 1/4-1/2" plastic mesh.

Here is a pic of my jump guard in my BC 14.

bc14fishguard1.jpg

bc14fishguard.jpg

For a jump guard on the tank, you could use egg crate.
The Biocube Resource Guide - Nano-Reef.com Forums

There was someone else there that had a rimless BC with a jump guard and MH lights but I can't find his post. It was pretty cool and blended in well.

Here is a guard I made for my 180 to give you an idea.

newlightandscreen.jpg

jumpscreen1.jpg

HTH. :)

mro2you2

thanks! yeah I need one, A royal gramma died because it jumped and stressed it out leading to ick.

and to feed SPS I would need marine snow or something like that???