Getting Back In!

deaclauderdale

Great work. My next OF will be Bean Animal I'm pretty sure :)

Al I was won over by a fellow reefer who had the design installed on their tank. It wasn't until I went and stood right next to the tank that I could hear his powerheads running....dead silent overflow.

Enjoying all the great pics & following along Cheers !

Thank you Glen, I'll keep posting pics for everyone's viewing pleasure!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

deaclauderdale

Small update:

IMAG0509_zps224d3123.jpg

just finished sealing the stand...yea!!!!
IMAG0510_zps320e9d67.jpg

IMAG0510_zps320e9d67.jpg

Once it dries I will bring the tank back inside and begin working on the plumbing. Still not sure what color I should paint my pvc???

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
WOW for DIY like I've never seen! Now, for getting started filling the tank & watching SW drip down that beautiful stand. Look forward to seeing your tank progress. Super Awesome Job on the stand build!!! :)

deaclauderdale

WOW for DIY like I've never seen! Now, for getting started filling the tank & watching SW drip down that beautiful stand. Look forward to seeing your tank progress. Super Awesome Job on the stand build!!! :)

Thank you DianaKay!!!! And it is for the exact reason that you mentioned that I switched from a satin finish to a gloss.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2

deaclauderdale

Update:

IMAG0577_zps359a94f3.jpg

Working on the brace for the plumbing for my BeanAnimal overflow design.
IMAG0578_zpsaae677b2.jpg

IMAG0579_zps435a3f8f.jpg

IMAG0580_zpsbbbbc9b2.jpg

And here is what I am hoping to accomplish. I hope each union will sit on the brace and then it will be strapped in.
IMAG0582_zpsd967bc67.jpg

The idea sounded great in theory, but the proximity of bulkheads one to another made it nearly impossible to achieve so I modified my setup.
IMAG0583_zps12df0c2b.jpg

deaclauderdale

IMAG0584_zps61820f85.jpg

IMAG0585_zpsf3a7457b.jpg

IMAG0586_zps8eae36d2.jpg

IMAG0587_zpsb8d5e67d.jpg

So what I chosen to do now is simply stagger the unions with the one closest to be hung with the top portion just underneath the brace, while the one farthest away will simply have the PVC pipe strapped into the brace.

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
You are just simply AMAZING....carpenter, plumber, electrician & SW fish lover! No doubt you are going to have a terrific set up. So glad you are also a good photographer & that we get to follow along. Great job!!
I'm not going to go into detail about what my hubby won't do....but I'm sure sittin' here thinking about it :rollingey

deaclauderdale

You are just simply AMAZING....carpenter, plumber, electrician & SW fish lover! No doubt you are going to have a terrific set up. So glad you are also a good photographer & that we get to follow along. Great job!!
I'm not going to go into detail about what my hubby won't do....but I'm sure sittin' here thinking about it :rollingey

Those are very kind and humbling words Diana.......Thank You!!

deaclauderdale

More pics:

IMAG0595_zpsf02687f3.jpg

Here is an FSS (full setup shot)
IMAG0597_zps63367664.jpg

closer view of sump and finished plumbing
IMAG0594_zps8190bd38.jpg

I found these white valves at Lowes
IMAG0588_zps9578f9ff.jpg

At night running the Vega
IMAG0592_zps67cf07b9.jpg

And a final rear shot. Here you can see all of the unions are installed along with the plumping brace.

deaclauderdale

There has been no updates in a while on this thread because I had my tank listed for sale here in SoCal, but as life would have it, things have changed.

Someone received a package today:

Packaged well:

This thing is a monster SWC Mini (relative use of the term) S skimmer, check out the size of the collection cup:

Assembled and sexy:

In it's new home:

So I went form selling my setup, to adding a skimmer, funny how life is sometimes.