Frankie's 120gal. glass experiment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

RS STAFF
cheeks69 said:
How many lbs. of LR is it ? Also your calcium is very high, what tests and salt mix are you using ?
208 lbs. and i agree on the cal. cheeks. I used kent sea salt. it was the best i could get here in charleston with out having to buy online. and im not going to buy salt online. I can deal with kent no problem :) Im not to worried about the cal. atm. I have quite a while before the tank cycles out anyhow and it will be good for coraline growth.
Thanks Roger! i will.....:clink:

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Good looking rocks Frankie. Same question as Gina, what came running out of the rocks during the hypo salinity soak?

Frankie

RS STAFF
CRABS! lol. im not sure of the type though. sorry :( There were a few nastie worms too. I should have took a picture but i was in a rush and just spilt it down the drive way.

Frankie

RS STAFF
started to box in the framing. The top shelf will hold the ballests for the lighting the middle will be for outlets and the bottom one for stuff.
The bottom section will house the chiller.

Attachments

• fishtank 041.jpg
    fishtank 041.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 191

Frankie

RS STAFF
Woodstock said:
Looking great Frankie! Let me know when you need some chaeto :)
Yay! i could really use it now Doni if your willing to send it. I'll send you a check for the shiping :) catch me in chat tonight.

Wow what a whirlwind thread! It made me laugh and cry all in a matter of minutes! I'm so glad your dog made a full recovery. I'm a huge animal lover and I was hanging on by a thread (no pun intended) and praying that Bisquit made it through his accident.

Tank is looking great!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thanks a lot JK :) Yeah its been a trip for sure. here's a picture of biscuit for you here in Charleston. :)

Attachments

• Buiscuit 001 (Small).jpg
    Buiscuit 001 (Small).jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 188

Woodstock

RS STAFF
FFrankie said:
Yay! i could really use it now Doni if your willing to send it. I'll send you a check for the shiping :) catch me in chat tonight.

...PM me your address.. I will send it USPS Priority. :)

Beautiful dog!!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Been messin around with aquascaping. Not to happy with the right side yet but i like the left. here's how it looks. Any advice on the right side? I'm a lefty :(

Attachments

• fishtank 047 (Small).jpg
    fishtank 047 (Small).jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 170
  • fishtank 048 (WinCE).jpg
    fishtank 048 (WinCE).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 171

Gina

RS STAFF
I also like it the way it is too. One suggestion I might have is can you make two different mounds? The largest area on the L then, a smaller group of rocks on the R. I've just gotten to where I like to see a gap or what I call a valley between the rocks.

Woodstock

RS STAFF
I like open spaces too with no rock... the 180 will give me lots of scaping space to do that!

Frankie, are your rocks tied or glued together?

Status
Not open for further replies.