Fish Treats

Nowellsy SNR

Hi Guys

What treats do you give to your fish? I was thinking live brine shrimp my fish seem to love it but it isnt cheap so was thinking off getting a bag a week for them.:eek:lsmile:

Dweezil

Hmmm.. I have not given my fish treats. Unless you consider Rod's food treats once in awhile. It's a nice idea though :)

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I really like Saltwater Multipack - Cubes

Saltwater Multipack - Cubes - 7 oz. - Frozen | Frozen Aquarium Food | Fish Food | Aquarium - ThatPetPlace.com

Marine Cuisine
Artemia Franciscana, krill, mysis, menhaden oil, astaxanthin, sodium alginate, spirulina, Vitamin premix: wheat flour, Vitamin A acetate, cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfate complex, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, betaine, d-alpha mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E)
Emerald Entrée
Artemia Franciscana, mysis, krill, plankton, spinach, romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spirulina algae, menhaden oil, sodium alginate, Vitamin premix: wheat flour, Vitamin Aacetate, cholecalciferol (source of vitamin D3), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, folic acid, menadione sodium bisulfate complex, pyridoxine hydrochloride, thiamine mononitrate, biotin, inositol, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate, betaine, d-alpha mixed tocopherols (source of vitamin E)
Squid
Omega Brine Shrimp
Artemia franciscana (brine shrimp), emulsified menhaden oil, astaxanthin.Marine CuisineCrude Protein Min 6.40%
Crude Fat Min 1.50%
Crude Fiber Max 0.50%
Moisture Max 90.00%
Dry Protein % 64.00%

Emerald EntréeCrude Protein Min 6.20%
Crude Fat Min 1.20%
Crude Fiber Max 0.50%
Moisture Max 90.00%
Dry Protein % 62.00%

SquidCrude Protein Min 16.30%
Crude Fat Min 0.44%
Crude Fiber Max 0.30%
Moisture Max 92.00%
Dry Protein % 82.32%

Omega Brine ShrimpCrude Protein Min 5.8%
Crude Fat Min 1.3%
Crude Fiber Max .5%
Moisture Max 91.0%
Dry Protein % 64.44%

chir3q

live brine shrimp 50p peer bag, but not to often and freshly crushed garlic for regal tang to boost immune system and stress coat.

im sure the fish enjoy live brine shrimp for the taste. but i thought they didnt have much nutritional value, i could be wrong though. i add pods every once in a while they seem to enjoy.

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
The only really special treat mine get is that I take them all out to a restaurant once a week - but to a steak house, not a fish & chips or sushi place. :)

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
On a similar topic, I was wondering what everyone feeds their livestock on a regular basis. I know that it depends on what you stock but a general idea would be great. I only have 2 clowns at the moment and feed them flakes 1 day and frozen prawn the next. My peps really love the prawn too.

I was thinking of going to the deli at my supermarket and getting a mixed variety of seafood, sticking it in the blender and mixing it up. Divide into cubes and freeze. Any thoughts?

Nowellsy SNR

Leigh i feed mine a varied diet one day can be Frozen Brine shrimp then Mysis Shrimp, Mixed Marine, New Era pellets, Vegetable Mix for my tangs

Edison

We feed our scooter blenny Marine Cuisine, Mysis shrimp, frozen brine shrimp and pods.

He gets a different frozen food each day and 1/2 bottle of pods once a week.

Once the refugium is in place, we will be able to offer him pods more often.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Thanks guys. It looks like I need to vary their diet. I have seen brine shrimp hatchers for sale. Has anyone used one and had much success. My LFS doesn't stock frozen food - Yeah I know, they are hopeless.

Edison - Love your avatar. Is the cat yours?

Dweezil

Lethal ~ Brine shrimp do not have any nutritional value. It's like feeding a tank lettuce. They will eat it but they get nothing from it. If I were you I would make my own food and freeze it. It will be allot cheaper in the long run and you can add vitamins, garlic and nori. It will be a tasty treat that will also be good for them. I think Glenn posted the link for one recipe that's on Woodstocks page.

Edison

I've read that some people feed their brine shrimp various foods and this loads the brine shrimp with food and nutrients that are beneficial to the fish that get fed the brine shrimp.

Yes Lethal, that's my kitty named Kodiak. There are some more photos of him here

Nowellsy SNR

Just a quicky guys the live brine shimp i get comes in a small bag is it bad adding that water straight to the tank?

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
I've read that some people feed their brine shrimp various foods and this loads the brine shrimp with food and nutrients that are beneficial to the fish that get fed the brine shrimp.

Yes Lethal, that's my kitty named Kodiak. There are some more photos of him here

I think they call these "gut loaded" shrimp, a practice to get more nutrition into them.