First post

Mike

This is my first post and I would like to say hello to everyone. I have a 55g glass tank with 50 lbs of live rock, 3 inches of live sand, 350 magnum filter and prizim pro skimmer. I am new to salt water as my tank has only been running for three weeks now and is fully cycled. I have 25 blue leg evil creatures and 25 red leg evil creatures as well as 30 astrea snails. If you were wondering i have an algae problem but they are taking care of it. Oh I also have 4x65 pc orbit light and two power heads. Nice to meet all of you. :hallo:

Gina

RS STAFF
:welcomera to the Sanctuary! Eveil creatures huh? Don't let our Mr. Witful see that! Psst....you know, crabs are evil? LOL

Sounds like a nice size tank for your first one! With as many crabs as you have, I certainly would watch out for your snails. They may try and take over their shells. If you haven't already, pick up some extra shells for them.

Don't forget the pics! :hallo:

Welcome mike
Ditto to what gina said about the hermits taking over the snail shells. I saw one do that just the other day! (pulled him right out and climbed right in):( So make sure you have a few other small shells scattered along the back of your tank so they will find them while scavengering. Also sounds like you are of to a great start! Circulation (I feel) is one of the most critical points in reef keeping. Make sure you have it blowing over your rock scape nicely to decrease waste and keep crap off the rocks. Also now that your tank is completely cycled make sure and keep up on the small water change!! But besides that I ope we all can help you and benefit from you too!!! Good luck
Shawn