Euphyllia Corals

Icebox

beautiful pictures guys. I can't wait to get a pretty frogspawn or two. Man they have such a vibrant color and are just really beautiful.

Thanks for the picts. :)

Cougra

Beautiful corals that everyone has! How about a bit of information on how you keep them?

What kind of lighting do they require? Can someone use PC's to keep them healthy?

What kind of current suits them best?

How far from other corals should they be placed so they don't sting them? What kind of corals are compatable with them?

How do you feed them or do they get all their nutrients strictly from photosynthesis?

What do you look for in a healthy coral? How fast do they grow?

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Cougra said:
What kind of lighting do they require? Can someone use PC's to keep them healthy?

I had PC lighting for a while and the frogspawn was doing ok. However, with my MH lighting, they are now growing like crazy. Huge difference!!

What kind of current suits them best?

Low - medium

How far from other corals should they be placed so they don't sting them? What kind of corals are compatable with them?

They send out sweeper tenticles that will fry zoanthids, xenia and sps.... but my red and blue mushrooms don't seem to mind.

How do you feed them or do they get all their nutrients strictly from photosynthesis?

Other than blowing the rocks and feeding my fishes, I do not feed mine.

What do you look for in a healthy coral? How fast do they grow?

I look for full polyp extention with no skeleton showing. They grow VERY fast with MH lighting.

HTH

Zeppelin

green-with-purple-tips.jpg

ScottT1980

My "run-of-the-mill" torch in my old 55. Certainly not of Travis quality...

Attachments

• DSC02626 (WinCE).JPG
    DSC02626 (WinCE).JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 40