Dream vacation

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Currently in the final design stages, Poseidon will be the world's first sea floor resort complex. The resort will be a unique, intimate and exclusive, five-star destination providing the highest possible levels of luxury and service. Poseidon's guests will experience a marvelous ambiance of comfort and camaraderie that will not soon be forgotten. For those who have dreamt of visiting their imagination's wildest destinations; traveling to the moon, reaching the summit of Everest or exploring the mysteries of the ocean depths, Poseidon will be a reality you will truly appreciate.

http://poseidonresorts.com/overview.html

configuration.gif

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Hummm... i think they are on to something with that idea! ... but I will certainly let them work the kinks out before I try it! :eek:

Rougiem

Ichthy Inquisitor
PREMIUM
Pretty cool Robert! I am in! Belize sounds like the place to do it!

Cheers!
:bigbounce

Witfull

How much will it cost?
We estimate that the room rate for a standard 550 square foot undersea suite will be $1500 per night. The Poseidon Undersea Resort will be the only place where you can spend a night underwater on the sea floor with a spectacular view. The "once in a lifetime" experience will be worth every penny

What makes the undersea suites so special?
Each suite will also have its own underwater lights controllable from an inside switch and an external fish feeder as well. Guests will be able to push a button and feed the fish outside.
Each suite has a large jacuzzi tub with fabulous views of the sea floor as well.

sounds wonderful,,,,but its for the rich..1500 a night...outa my price range!

Cougra

What I don't understand about the "future" ones that aren't close to land and are suppose to be independant is how they plan on keeping the pressure at one atmosphere so that people don't need to decompress when they come back up. I know that they plan on using "submarine technology" to ensure 1 atmosphere presure but I would be nervus spending a night in such a resort with the presure differential and so much viewing area!

I also don't like the idea that people will be able to feed the fish with a simple pushof the button! I hope that there will be a timer so that they only have a very limited amount of food available!

And who are the "lucky" people who get to clean the outside surface of the domes so that it doesn't get covered in coraline algae, corals, silt, etc.

Witfull

Cougra said:
And who are the "lucky" people who get to clean the outside surface of the domes so that it doesn't get covered in coraline algae, corals, silt, etc.
new career field,,,underwater window washer....lol