Does this look right?

outbreak

This is obviously my first attempt at building a tank. I'm trying to use common sized Acrylic. Can you tell me if this looks right? Sorry for the crude picture, but I am in a hurry! Thanks!

Attachments

• Tank.jpg
    Tank.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 116

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to RS! :)

You're smarter than I!! I would not even try to build my own tank~~

outbreak

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to it. I love the "hands-on" making stuff part! I think I might need a raise first, it's getting to be more expensive that I thought it would be!

Tosh_Auer

yeah nothings cheep in this hobby. and what sandman just said is very true. you should look at getting the glass shop to cut your glass for you its usually not that much more and beveling the edges isn't difficult, just run a sharpening stone along the edges and it will take the sharp edges off.

Tosh

Cougra

What are the outside OR inside dimensions that you would like?
How thick is the material that you will be using?

jimeluiz

For reefkeeping most find that a DEEPER tank from front to back provides the needed space to build a more functional and attractive aquascape. The fish will enjoy caves and overhangs to take shelter in and you will enjoy the more attractive depth of field. When the tank is too narrow you generally wind up with a simple pile of rocks...

HTH

and welcome!

outbreak

I am looking at 1/2" because it will be about 24" tall. The dimentions are all in the photo. "L" shaped, 24" long on the inner lengths, 36" long on the outer lengths and 12" wide.

Witfull

jimeluiz said:
For reefkeeping most find that a DEEPER tank from front to back provides the needed space to build a more functional and attractive aquascape. The fish will enjoy caves and overhangs to take shelter in and you will enjoy the more attractive depth of field. When the tank is too narrow you generally wind up with a simple pile of rocks...

HTH

and welcome!
i have to secnd this,,,12" is skinnny in a reef design,,,especially in a larger tank. i would recommend 18". you will be happier in the long run.