DIY hood stand for Current 2x40w PC

EagleEyes

I need to get/make a stand to put my PC on because its heating up the water too much. I was thinking of screwing a frame to some metal legs or something simple like that. I have the sattelite, not the Orbit, so it did not come with it. BUT if someone has a retired stand for a 20'' orbit that i could buy or at least use as a plan for mine that would be great. Thanks

ReefLady

Staff member
I had some braces made out of acrylic that I used over my 46 bow for the same reason. I think I paid $10 for both of them- guy just made them out of scrap and a little bit of glue.

Woodstock

The Wand Geek was here. ;)
RS STAFF
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary!!

Does your PC lighting have fans? Fans make a huge difference in temperature. A fan blowing across the water in your sump and/or tank will help a LOT also. You can plug them into the same timer as your lights so they blow when needed.

EagleEyes

Woah i totally forgot about this thread. sorry guys. Thanks for the welcome, even though it was a while ago. yes the ballast has a fan, it blows when i need it to and i have the whole thing set on a cycle. I was gonna go to the hardware store and get a couple of things to put the hood onto i was hoping to not have to screw the light onto that bit of leverage, but then again i may have to! lol i have the light on two bottles right now, one beer and the other a mexican pepsi bottle. (both empty, pepsi by me, the other by someone other than me) but it seems to be working perectly well.